Recommend a good camo tape

justinp61

For all intents and purposes my 22-250 is done, all that is left is to zero it at 200 yards then shoot out to 450 or so and get my drops.

I don't want to paint the pretty Shilen SS barrel or the scope. Can anyone recommend a good camo tape? Not the cheap shiny stuff.

thanks, Justin

I really don't like camo tape my self . I use vet wrap in a camo pattern and the last I bought was from sportsmans warehouse . It doesn't leave a sticky glue residue when you remove it .

I used some Dura coat on a scope once . I used coyote tan on it it was an expensive scope a guy said he wanted to buy it but didn't like the paint job . I took the lens caps off and applied some Critry clean to them . they cleaned right up leaving them nice and finished as they had been when new . So I did the rest of the scope with it and it cleaned up well didn't affect the o-rings either I was very careful around the lens though . When I have used camo tape and had the need to clean the glue residue off , I have found that a small amount of charcoal lighter fluid on a paper towel did it well and didn't harm the finish on my stock . But I didn't leave it setting on the stock for an extended amount of time either , rubbing the glue with the towel then moving to another area and cleaning it . wiping the areas with a clean towel after the glue was removed .

I got her all wrapped up, she's a little porker
IMG_5240.jpg
IMG_5241.jpg
at 9lbs 6oz with four rounds and no sling. But after the luck I had with light barrels on my 260 I can deal with a little weight gain.

Thanks guys.