Recoil reduction with suppressor

I won't even sit next to a braked rifle at the range. It's just ridiculous. If I have to, I put up a piece of cardboard to help stop the pressure wave.

And if you can't kill a Moose or Elk with a 6.5, 7mm-08, or .308 you over over thinking, or not practicing enough because of your 300 win super duper magnum is too much to shoot at the range.

Cal Zant at precision rifle blog has done some empirical testing on this matter. Google it.
Suppressors seem to slow recoil down. Suppressors on brake mounts seem to retain the brake effect, too.
But best of all, the blast and noise are reduced, often to comfortable levels.

Brakes are horrible except with plugs and muffs.
Suppressors reduce noise blast and recoil about 30%.
I own three.

I agree with what others are saying. Putting a suppressor on will help with the "blast" and let you be more comfortable shooting, which you may find helpful in spotting your shots. As to hearing protection, after 23 yrs in military working F4, B52 aircraft, hearing is something you take for granted until its gone. Then you realize how precious it is.

Suppressors absolutely reduce recoil, not as much as a good break, however my 300 WSM, 6.5 PRC and 6.5 Creed are all much more enjoyable to shoot with my Ultra 7. The blast and percussion you get from a break just irritating and uncomfortable. When I hunt in a state/country that will not allow suppressors I just screw on my thread protector and leave the break at home.
Do your self a favor and get a good suppressor, TBAC is one of the best and I would highly recommend. They perform well for returning to POI, sound reduction and are light weight.

This will be anecdotal not empiracle but thatss what forums are for right?

My brother and I both have 300 WSM and my father has a 300WM
300WSM 180gr TBT 2900fps TIKKA T3x Lite 24.3" Omega 300 suppressor 8.5# all together
300WSM 180gr AB 3130fps Rem 700 26" no suppressor or brake 9# all together
300WM 190 ABLR 2890FPS Win70 24" form 1 suppressor 9.25# all together

felt recoil is significantly higher with the unsuppressed rifle even though it weighs more than the TIKKA and uses less powder than the 300WM. The recoil is also much faster and harder. I would take a suppressor every day and twice on sunday versus a brake even though I know the brake reduces felt recoil more. I was able to spot my hit on a pronghorn this past weekend with the TIKKA at 332 yards.

I am new to this forum. I am very interested in this subject as well. I don't want to hijack this thread. As a follow-up or maybe a continuation, how many of you that are using suppressors are using a break with a suppressor like I see thunder beast offers. Would this type of setup help to spot the shots and reduce the noise? maybe the best of both worlds? Please let me know if I am out of line Send It 284.

The brake with the suppressor does help more with recoil. both the internal brake that is on the mount, as well as the external brake. The external brake on the supressor that I am talking about can be seen on the Silencerco Harvester, or Omega. The Harvester is direct thread, whereas the Omega can be direct thread or quick disconnect and it also has the option of removing the brake.

While the break will reduce recoil far more then a silencer I would not shoot large action rounds without a silencer especially if you hunt with a friend. The noise and over pressure of a break will give anyone next to you a jolt.

The quick attach muzzle brakes do nothing to reduce recoil once the suppressor is covering them. The muzzle brakes at the end of the silencer, a la Sico Omega and Harvester do reduce recoil but I went with a flat cap to reduce length.
I don't know how much the Dead Air flash brake helps with recoil but it does reduce flash and dB slightly.

Anyone who hunts or shoots with a BRAKE is:
A) Deaf
B) Not thinking correctly
C) Deaf

I am recoil shy, recoil sensitive, bad shoulder, bad neck, & still will NEVER own or use a brake.
and animals still die.
Personally for me I can do just fine without a brake for anything with 7mm rem mag/ 30-06 equivalent and below recoil and it doesn't affect my shooting ability. I have braked rifles that I do appreciate the fact that they are braked but for me personally, I don't need a brake on anything 6.5 cal & below for hunting purposes. I do have a 6.5 creedmoor that has a brake but I also have several that's not braked. My last few hunting rifles were purpose built to not have a brake.