Recoil Reduction - Muzzle Brakes

Haha isn't that the truth! My by far worst was when I was breaking in my 338 lapua. I was getting ready to take a 3 shot at 300 yards I just got back from setting up the target so the only thing that was on my mind was shooting. got behind her and let her sing!! I was rolling my *** all over the ground but I wasn't laughing. Lol i think Im still hearing that ring! gun)

Ya when we were braking out 338 Lapua in my Dad sent one without the hearing on and he had to go grab some ibuprofen because of the instant headache. :D gun)

I just went with an elk meadow performance - I was skeptical when I got it b/c it was so light. I put it on my 7 wsm - and was pleasantly surprised when I shot it. I was like a 223. My 9 year old son now shoots the rifle.

I just had a 338LM built with a "fat bastard" brake from APA. In fairness, the rifle is a tank, but I was SHOCKED at the lack of recoil. And directly behind the rifle, prone, the blast and noise was not excessive (with ear protection).

Plus, they have a you tube video that I can watch about 12 straight times before it stops being entertaining. [ame=http://youtu.be/tMLMof4P8Hk]The Fat Bastard Muzzle Brake vs 338 Lapua - YouTube[/ame]

I have a 300 WSM that I have grown to not enjoy shooting, and it effects accuracy. It will be wearing an APA brake soon.

Haha yep, FEENIX showed me that vid, i busted out laughing and it kinda hurt me to watch that rifle hit the dirt. Especially the one they used in the "how not to break in your rifle" video.

I need to make me a video, I put the 1" brake on 338 Lapua Imp and the owner said it was like shooting his 243. That's with 300 gr SMK. It will hold it's own with the Fat Basdard I installed both the little and fat for one of my tactical customers and they are also a nice brake, but 3.5 oz heavier.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.