Recoil Reducer

There are many of these on the market like this one. I have used the Graco branded recoil reducer on many of my past customers builds. It works on scout style rifles with the forward mounted scopes. Hardly anything long range. On a shotgun it might somewhat work. I would think it would lengthen the recovery process on a follow up shot

I don't know how this would work in this instance, but I have a CZ550 custom in 505 Gibbs, it weighs a bit under 13lbs with the mercury filled (1lb) reducer fitted. The difference in recoil with/without is substantial with a 600gr bullet @ 2350fps, without the reducer, the recoil is sharp and uncomfortable, with the reducer it is quite manageable without being uncomfortable or painfull.

I don't see it would offset the weight of the barrel enough to notice, as far as I'm aware the mercury reducers come in 2 weights, 1/2 lb and 1 lb.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts