recoil pad

gonewest

I have a Sako hunter model .270 that is about 25 yrs old. I like the gun but it just seems like the recoil pad doesn't reduce any recoil anymore. I was wondering if these get worn out or is it just me. I shoot alot of Hornady custom loads in 140 gr bullets. If I go to a newer pad what would you guys recommend. I never feel the kick when I am shooting at game but it does wamp at paper. Thanks

Chas I think your right there. Age is starting to be a factor. I might try one of those slip on pads. Mine is rock hard and I seem to feel a pinch more than the whack.

If it's rock hard it's shot. A good slip on will probably help you out.

I ordered a grind-to-fit KickEEZ recoil pad to put on my old Winchester .30-06 - it arrived here a couple of days ago. The rifle has a blued steel butt plate that is starting to feel more and more like an axe blade. I was hoping to put it on this week but the weather is getting nice so I may go ride a horse or shoot a rifle instead.

Saw a ground hog dead on the road today. Fresh road kill - starting to think spring ... varmints ...

Fitch

got two hogs today the males are moving lookin for some nookie.ruined thier day

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.