Recoil is killing me

fastfire57

I am shooting a 110FCP 338 Lapua.
The recoil shooting off a bench is ok but when I'm prone it kills me. Need advice on a really soft recoil pad.

Thanks.

Limbsaver or pachmayr.

Do you have a good brake on the rifle?

What does it weigh?

You may need to consider a different stock with adjustable comb and butt plate.

I'd brake it too. Recoil is no fun. +1 on limbsaver. Just be careful not to get solvent on it. You can get a slip on. I keep a couple around when I am working on different customers heavy hitters that aren't braked.

Last edited:
I put one of my 5 port brakes on one for a guy here locally and he liked it much better than the factory brake.

On the Limbsaver!!!!!!!!!
Do not store the gun with butt on floor. lightbulbThe Limbsaver is a candy *** and will be ruined if it is stored with the weight on it. lightbulb
Been there done that!!!!:rolleyes::D
Good luck

On the Limbsaver giving problems, I had 4 that were literally melting. Two were Remington versions and two were Limbsaver brand. I got tired of it and called Remington and Limbsaver. Both of them were aware of the problem blaming it on a bad batch of rubber or coating. Both companys mailed me new pads at no cost.

On the Limbsaver giving problems, I had 4 that were literally melting. Two were Remington versions and two were Limbsaver brand. I got tired of it and called Remington and Limbsaver. Both of them were aware of the problem blaming it on a bad batch of rubber or coating. Both companys mailed me new pads at no cost.
this is the problem with them. I like what they do but they aren't durable at all!
I say weight the gun down and get a better brake.

this is the problem with them. I like what they do but they aren't durable at all!

I'm going to hunt with it and it's at the weight limit.
I tried to get a Painkiller break but they wouldn't make one with 5/8x24 thread.

All ya got to do is stand it butt up with the barrel in a spray paint cap and every thing is fine.
Works for me.:D

Thanks Nimrodmar10, I'll remember that in case one fails.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.