Recoil follow through

Are you shooting off bags front and rear. If so you have to be lined up properly behind the rifle. Most people tend to only have the edge of their shoulder behind the rifle and it wants to jump and kind of twist at the same time. If you can shoot with a good bipod on the front AND be able to load it up you will see your recoil seem like less and the rifle will not jump much if at all.

This is a pretty old thread. I've done a lot of work on follow through and realized it's not what I thought it was.
Probably five or ten years ago we had a really good thread on "Managing Recoil' that had some great contributions but maybe it's just my lack of mastery of the site search but I couldn't pull it up or find a link to it.

If you can shoot with a good bipod on the front AND be able to load it up you will see your recoil seem like less and the rifle will not jump much if at all.
Just to add, that bipod really needs to be dug in well or pushed up against a brace for maximum "drive".

The alternative is to have one on skids so you can "take/absorb" the recoil coming straight back.

That's why both types of bipod legs have value. They are two very different ways to manage recoil.

IMO, there are a myriad of factors that come into play that effect seeing the bullet impact. Recoil/cartridge, velocity, rifle weight/configuration, muzzle brake, distance to target, shooting position, scope power, sight picture/field of view, and overall shooting form. Given the precise spotting of hits is an important factor, I'll follow some basic practices:
-use the heaviest rifle I can that does not pose a problem for the particular use.
-use a good brake, and a cartridge/load that gets the job done with the least amount of recoil/muzzle flip. Overkill may have a penalty.
-use the lowest scope power/greatest field of view sufficient to hit, but also optimize the ability to acquire the target/game in the sight picture. "Always" keep both eyes open and follow through.
-if position is a choice, go prone. Regardless of position, make sure the shoulders are at a 90 degree angle to the barrel.-
-practice, and learn the positions and distances to understand where spotting hits can or cannot be achieved with a particular rifle
Just some thoughts.....

I think Grey Fox has some really good points to consider here. I think he pretty much hit on the major contributors to learning/managing follow through.

I personally think its all about recoil. The more you have the bigger the problem.