Recoil & Bullet Weight

It's just math and empirical evidence. It plays no favorites. Are you suggesting I've never been in the field? @ButterBean's motto cuts both ways. Bring Data.
The OP's question was answered and tested in the field and your not gonna believe it ……… a lighter bullet kicked less, I mean no offense but if your trying to make yourself feel better by belittling folks with your education, please don't, it's unbecoming and there is no need, we all appreciate the facts and figures but in the end it's a really simple thing to figure out as has been shown, over complication is unnecessary

This is the second discussion is as many days I have been following that turned personal. I just don't get it

@jdavist, yes the E=1/2 MV**2 is correct. I suggest you look into page 2 of SAAMI provided by @Hugnot You will see that 10% reduction of projectile at same velocity does not mean 10% reduction of rifle recoil
Just be civil and have fun

This is the second discussion is as many days I have been following that turned personal. I just don't get it

@jdavist, yes the E=1/2 MV**2 is correct. I suggest you look into page 2 of SAAMI provided by @Hugnot You will see that 10% reduction of projectile at same velocity does not mean 10% reduction of rifle recoil
Just be civil and have fun
Well I think that disagreement was civil. Definitely a disagreement but I've certainly seen uglier ones. How about calling it done. Agree to disagree. As I posted, my 300s kick more than the 250s in my 338 LM improved but not real noticeable. For losing around 15% of bullet weight, I would say it reduced recoil by 15%. Seems accurate.

The OP's question was answered and tested in the field and your not gonna believe it ……… a lighter bullet kicked less, I mean no offense but if your trying to make yourself feel better by belittling folks with your education, please don't, it's unbecoming and there is no need, we all appreciate the facts and figures but in the end it's a really simple thing to figure out as has been shown, over complication is unnecessary
Education and experience is the problem here? I thought that was what this forum is about. If it's simple, why are we here?

Last edited:
Education and experience is the problem here? I thought that was what this forum is about. If it's simple, why are we here?
Education and Experience is what this forum is about I'll say it again , Folks want to way over complicate things to feel better about themselves, The question has been answered and we are way off topic as usual so lets wrap it up shall we