Recipes for 7mm WSM with Reloder 26 and heavies?

Hiwayman92

Im waiting for my rebarrel to be completed and I'm looking for data for the 175 ELD-X, 180 ELD-M (if deemed suitable for hunting) and possibly the 195 Berger. With my previous barrel I ran H1000, but I've had such good luck with RL-26 in a 7mm RM, 6.5 CM, and 300 WSM, I'm hoping to switch the 7 WSM to it also. There doesn't seem to be a lot of data out there. My theory is that RL-26 came on the scene as the 7 WSM was dying, but I think the cartridge is coming back now that Hornady and Bertram have started making brass. I'd like to hear your experiences with heavies in the 7mm WSM!

TaggN in as I sold my 7rum and really want to reconstitute a factory win70.........been collecting dust way too long.......

My 7 WSM is on a Remington long action, but I run a 300 WSM in a factory model 70 and it's a great shooter. The Win Mag box is way longer than a Remington short action. I run 215 Bergers in it at a little over 3".

Who knows....maybe I will get rid of the win and get another Remington la....
Was shooting with a freind, his wife and my son(well..they were shooting..I got to watch)....and he pulled out some big mags from the truck to bomb fire extinguishers at 300....I almost missed my 7rum.............but not......
My son made some good shots at little rocks at 525 yards....with the rebuilt 65284...
Guesstimated moa as I hadn't any velocities yet......8 moa...got us close....

Alliants web site has some data for speer 175s and the 180gr berger hybrids

I've seen Alliant's limited data, and I've read all the old threads that I could find, but most of that info was pre- Reloder 26 and pre-eld-x

RL26 is awesome. It gave my 7 SAUM more velocity. IMR7828SSC was close, though.

Good luck with your search.

Just a quick R&D update. I'm trying Bertram brass, 215M primers, RL-26 and 175 ELD-X's. I've only put 39 rounds through the barrel so far, but things are starting to focus in. 65.5 grains is pushing 3007 fps in my 26" barrel with an SD of 8 on virgin brass. No earth shattering accuracy yet but it's .8", and hopefully signs of things to come.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.