Recharging - Camera & Media Gear

JBMK262

Hey Camera & Digital Media Guys/Gals,

What's been the best ways you've been able to keep your gear charged and running on trips longer than 5 days?

Most trips I have been taking with my gear are under 5 days and for the amount of stuff I was recording I was able to get away with packing two Anker power banks to charge from.

What's your go to solution?

Jake

check out DARK ENERGY:

I have had good success with Anker, I have a small one and a large one depending on the situation.

The Dark Energy stuff has always appealed, but since I already have the Ankers and they work I am unmotivated to spend the money.

Looked hard at the Goal Zero solar stuff and never saw enough positive reviews to make me think it was worth the cost. For the amount of weight and space the panels take plus the slow charging, I would rather just carry another or larger Anker.

I have had good success with Anker, I have a small one and a large one depending on the situation.

The Dark Energy stuff has always appealed, but since I already have the Ankers and they work I am unmotivated to spend the money.

Looked hard at the Goal Zero solar stuff and never saw enough positive reviews to make me think it was worth the cost. For the amount of weight and space the panels take plus the slow charging, I would rather just carry another or larger Anker.
Same here. I tested many power banks, none work as described EXCEPT for the Ankers. For 7-8 day pack-ins, I have a big Anker PowerCore+ 26800mAh PD at 1.4lb for trips with video gear. For 3-5 day hunts an Anker PowerCore 13400mAh PD Nintendo Switch Edition at a scant 9 oz. that will go when only a phone with OnX is needed. Had the Dark Energy stuff, slow charging and doesnt do the job these will at half the cost.

I recently puchased a Goalzero Flip 36 and it works great. Charges an android phone 4 times, and thats from 5% battery to 100%, or it will charge my son's tablet twice from 10% to 100%. Tested and it works. I'll be getting another one and a Nomad 10 or 20 solar panel to go with them.

For our needs when camping or hunting we dont need more than this.

I've used 2 matching solar packs with no issues in an avg if 4-8 days in the back country. When setting camp just make sure you locate a place where there is access to constant sun. We had 3 cloudy days in a row once. Solar back didn't fully charge but still worked.