Rechamber a 6.5creed to .260AI?

Thanks for all the great info. I ended up getting a stainless Tikka Lite in 6.5 Creed (online retailer was running too good a deal on them a few months back not to get one-I paid $482). Just have to wait for the snow to melt now.

Should be better than an altra lite. Ive got a wreckt shoulder, a tikka altra in 06, a tikka lite in 6.5sweede and an 8lb barreled 338edge with a good break. By fer the easiest to carry is the 06 but the recoil is brutal, the 338 is fun to shoot but it aint leaveing the truck. The Tikka 6.5 sweede is a great comprimise for me and have even dropped to the 6.5 Grendel for antalope and deer.
The altra may get a brake and can but kinda defeats the weight advantage?

If you're still looking to get a little bit of improvement, talk to Shawn at defensive Edge. They make a 260 Terminator with a plus P throat for a short action that will get you very nearly the 6.5 x284 comparability. I'm having one built on a Lone Peak medium length action and with 140 grain bullets I should be able to run 3100 feet per second. And he has the reamers and would be able to do it all in house as well as fire forming Lapua brass and reloading dies it might be worth a call.

Should be better than an altra lite. Ive got a wreckt shoulder, a tikka altra in 06, a tikka lite in 6.5sweede and an 8lb barreled 338edge with a good break. By fer the easiest to carry is the 06 but the recoil is brutal, the 338 is fun to shoot but it aint leaveing the truck. The Tikka 6.5 sweede is a great comprimise for me and have even dropped to the 6.5 Grendel for antalope and deer.
The altra may get a brake and can but kinda defeats the weight advantage?
Not sure what's more impressive; the buck in your profile pic or that beard :) Get that edge out of the truck!

lapua and Peterson both offer 260 brass even in small primer

The Peterson 260 small primer brass is top notch, excellent! Others probably already know, but this brass takes the skinny ppc style depriming stems, fyi. I'm a big fan of the lee universal deprimer die so I turned one of the stems down to fit.

If you're still looking to get a little bit of improvement, talk to Shawn at defensive Edge. They make a 260 Terminator with a plus P throat for a short action that will get you very nearly the 6.5 x284 comparability. I'm having one built on a Lone Peak medium length action and with 140 grain bullets I should be able to run 3100 feet per second. And he has the reamers and would be able to do it all in house as well as fire forming Lapua brass and reloading dies it might be worth a call.

I just checked the numbers again. The 6.5x284 with a 142gr advertising speed is 2875. The 260 terminator is right close to 3000. So you will get better performance with a short action.

I just checked the numbers again. The 6.5x284 with a 142gr advertising speed is 2875. The 260 terminator is right close to 3000. So you will get better performance with a short action.
The 65 284 is capable of much higher velocity my current load is running 29 80 ft./s and I have had it up to 3100 ft./s

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.