Received This email earlier today.

royinidaho

This morning, Barack Obama held a press conference confirming our greatest fears...

He's launching an all out campaign to pass comprehensive gun control:

1. A so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban,

2. A "High-Capacity" Magazine Ban, and

3. A ban on ALL Private Firearms Sales without government permission.

And he wants the legislation on his desk as early as January.

How in the heck is the gov't gonna enforce #3?:rolleyes:

'nother thing? Are box cutters assault weapons?:rolleyes:

Our gov't is stupid!!!!! IMHO :D

Yeah, well wait till they go after "long range weapons," "sniper," and "tactical" rifles.
As I've said in other posts, SUPPORT people, and organizations who support the constitution. Man, it is time.

Randy

This morning, Barack Obama held a press conference confirming our greatest fears...

#3 They are talking about the gun show loop-hole, where anybody can just walk in and buy anything, it's about to get stupid!

I quit using stupid, and incompetent in reference to the government. They don't desire to be leaders, they desire to be rulers. These moves are calculated, and well financed. Evil perhaps, but do not think for a moment there is not intellect and purpose behind these moves.

I quit using stupid, and incompetent in reference to the government. They don't desire to be leaders, they desire to be rulers. These moves are calculated, and well financed. Evil perhaps, but do not think for a moment there is not intellect and purpose behind these moves.

Roger that!!!!

Good cause getting shot with salt hurts

My mailbox thanks you

Mom! can I sell my gun? NO! you have to keep it......... okaaaaaay :rolleyes:
I want to win the lottery
No I sold that years ago
and cars and kitchen knives and ..........................

Power mongers

No one should be surprised. There are probably more than 50% of the population that couldnt give a hoot about gun rights. The NRA and other orgs need to be PRO-active and come forth with solutions BEFORE the anti's do. Registration etc isnt far fetched. Gun owners need to be sensitive to the fact that average people dont understand or get Assault type rifles, or Mil type stuff at all. You cannot argue any longer that its a "right", the argument must be to agree on the regulation. It is coming, the only thing to do IMO is to try and moderate it.

Kenny have you read the Constitution? researched the reason for things being written the way they are and the intention behind them? Whether past or present.

Compromise now or ever, and the stage is set to compromise the entire document away. That's my opinion on it.

Kenny have you read the Constitution? researched the reason for things being written the way they are and the intention behind them? Whether past or present.

Compromise now or ever, and the stage is set to compromise the entire document away. That's my opinion on it.

Maybe I'm mistaken but isn't part of the oath to office to uphold and protect the constitution? So glad I fought for our rights and so many people appreciate it. Lol:cool:

Everyone don't forget the election was won with social media and the president stated he gun)received over 200,000 emails to the white house for gun control. If thats what it takes take a few minutes and send one yourself I have sent 20 some emails to the Whitehouse and elected officials in my state the past few days and will continue. We have to be just as big of pain in the ads as these libs are to get things done. Only problem is we have jobs I know.

Everyone don't forget the election was won with social media and the president stated he gun)received over 200,000 emails to the white house for gun control. If thats what it takes take a few minutes and send one yourself I have sent 20 some emails to the Whitehouse and elected officials in my state the past few days and will continue. We have to be just as big of pain in the ads as these libs are to get things done. Only problem is we have jobs I know.
Exactly right. just sent an email to our white house resident.lightbulb:rolleyes:

This single most powerful way to fight this is to let your congressman know he is doomed for reelection if he goes along with this crap. Its a lost cause in my armpit state, not the bulk of the country where most normal human beings reside. The democrats lost control back in 94 when the last ban went in....they have long memories. The added advantage was it screwed Clintons liberal agenda. Remember all the red on the map last month. That's a lot of congressmen. It didn't help a lot with the presidential election, but the house snd senate is a different story. If they think they are dead ducks, they will only care about saving their useless skins.

Actually yes, I have read read the Constitution, many times. Diesected it in my Constitutional Law classes. I am not "against" your way of thinking. I am pointing out the reality of the situation. The "non-gun" public views the NRA as a bunch of recalcitrant non-bending right wing wackos. This gives "them" allot of traction in DC. I am suggesting that a pro-active, non confrontational dialogue will get more done. Otherwise, unilateral legislation is coming.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.