Reccomend Bear Hunting Reading

sealgair

Hi guys,

In preparation for a friend and I hopefully heading out to Idaho in Spring 2022 for a bear hunt, I'd be really interested to hear any recommendations for books / articles / films/ websites etc to geek out on bears and learn as much as possible before hand.

Thanks,

Sam

Good books, articles films etc are really tough to find for bruins. Are you doing a spot and stalk hunt or bait? On your own or with an outfitter?

I've been a raving bear nut case for a long time, I wrote a couple articles regarding spot and stalk black bear hunting. If I can find them I'll let you know and I could scan and email them to you if you like?

There is a magazine called Bear and Bear Hunting. It had stories on hunts, Outfitter info etc. It may still exist. Google it.
I have some experience hunting bear, some with dog, but mostly up a tree or in a ground blind, with revolver, long gun and bow. Some in Idaho, Maine, Saskatchewan.

I'm not expert but will answer Q's if you have any. PM me.

Be safe, be well
Tommy

Good books, articles films etc are really tough to find for bruins. Are you doing a spot and stalk hunt or bait? On your own or with an outfitter?

I've been a raving bear nut case for a long time, I wrote a couple articles regarding spot and stalk black bear hunting. If I can find them I'll let you know and I could scan and email them to you if you like?

We're looking to do spot and stalk self guided in Idaho, big ambitions but it really appeals - and we're all about the adventure more than the shooting. Some articles would be amazing if you could scan and send, I'll message you an email address.

Thanks,

Sam

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.