Recap of the URSA NorCal Jan ‘22 event

ELR Researcher

16 Jan 2022 - Interim recap of the URSA NorCal Jan '22 event [I'm headed for SHOT Show early AM tomorrow and want to get the results and stats on our website as best I can before departure. Lynn's narrative will be added next weekend, possibly sooner.]

Match 1 (2054 yards) - winner was Shaun, runner-up was RickyRacer; Shaun's 6 in 10 during qualifications added another achievement point, bringing him up to Novice level.

Match 2 (2054 and 2586 yards) - winner was RickyRacer with 6 in 10 at 2586, the first shooter to score an achievement point at Shooter level; runner-up was Calshipbuilder; Calshipbuilder also scored his third achievement point with a 6 in 10 during the 2054 record round, qualifying him for the 2022 URSA 3000 Yard Challenge.

Shaun was shooting 230 gr. Hornady A-TIPs out of a box-stock Ruger RPR in 300 PRC with Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 scope in Burris PEPR 20 MOA rings/mount on the factory Ruger 30 MOA rail.

RickyRacer was shooting 300 gr Hornady A-TIPs out of his Billy Goat Machine/BGM-built .338 LM AI (Ackley Improved) with BGM "OVIS" (Defiance Deviant Tactical) action, Bartlein 31.5" barrel, Manners T5A stock, Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 SFP scope, and ERATAC 0-70 MOA adjustable base/rings.

Calshipbuilder was shooting 180 gr Warner Flat Lines out of his Carlsbad-built Rem 700 in 300 NM with Bartlein 26" barrel, pre-AT/AX AISC (Accuracy International) chassis, Tangent Theta 5-25x56 Gen 3 XR scope, and Spuhr SP-4601 20 MOA mount on Nightforce 40 MOA rail.

Last edited:
Prior post already locked. Here's Lynn's intro narrative.

Well we had a large turnout of Calguns regulars at this month's match. The weather was cool and overcast and the sun was never a problem. The wind started out light so I expected to see some good scores.

For match 1 we had 6 shooters qualify with several not shooting all 10 shots. The wind started getting switchy and the scores suffered. Calguns regular Shaun Brady pulled off the win and earned his final achievement point at 2054 yards. [He's now officially an URSA "Novice".] Congrats to Shaun!!! RickRacer was Runner-Up.

In match 2 we only had 3 shooters qualify, even though every shooter took all 10 shots. The wind seemed calm and Calshipbuilder and RickyRacer87 both scored enough hits to move on to 2586 yards, while yours truly missed the cutoff with only 3 hits. Rickyracer87, who is our first shooter to get 6 hits at 2586 yards, took home the win. Congrats to RickyRacer87. Calshipbuilder was Runner-Up and earned another achievement point, his third.

The next match is the 3rd Sunday in February, the 20th. I look forward to all the competition and good natured ribbing from all the shooters.