Recap of the URSA NorCal Feb ‘20 event

ELR Researcher

17 Feb 2020 - Recap of the URSA NorCal Feb '20 event (by RD, Lynn Dragoman; build info from Oscar)

We finally got to shoot a NorCal match on Sunday 2-16-2020 after fires and closures kept us off the range.

We held two matches at 2054 yards and our own White Mamba took the first match with 3 hits out of 10 shots.

On the second match our own Skeeter tied with regular Ken Eng, both at 3 hits. Ken ran out of ammo after 6 shots and Skeeter took home the win. [The top three rifles in each match all had barrels chambered by BillyGoat Machine/Skeeter.] Congrats to Skeeter on his first match win.

Another congrats to first time shooter Doug who came as a spectator and I had him shoot my 338 Improved, getting his first hit at 2000+ yards.

Next time I will bring a bench and proper rests.

Nobody got any achievement points or qualified for the 3K but everyone left with a smile.

It's good to be back up and running!

White Mamba was shooting a Surgeon action-based 338 LM with Krieger barrel, McMillan stock, and Nightforce scope. He was shooting Lapua scenar bullets.

Skeeter was shooting (surprise) a Billy Goat Machine-built 338 LM Imp with BAT action, Krieger barrel, Manners stock, and Optronika 5-25x (now Minox owned) scope. He was shooting Berger 300 gr Hybrid OTMs.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.