Rebiuld it or sell it ?

cva54

Just got a good deal on a used WEATHERBY VANGAURD 7mm rem mag stainless steel. Went out shooting it this morn. it went like this. it went BOOM and didnt blow up hit about 1/2' off. Got it down to were I can get a deer at a 100 yards. oboy I own a weathreby! The triger, stock and scope belong in a fire pit not the base and rings I just bought them. After deer hunting this year which I will be using my highly tuned REM 721 30.06 that just did a cold bolt 100 and 200 yard 1" square. (YA baby) I got a stockless, trigerless scopeless WEATHERBY! Stock is going to be a B&C medalist (weatherby stock)triger tinmey or a single set? what do U all think? There that part is perty mutch done. Here is were I need help do I just give it to my smith and say true the action face the bolt lap the lugs and readjust the head space? Or is there a better way die cast mold?

Just got a good deal on a used WEATHERBY VANGAURD 7mm rem mag stainless steel. Went out shooting it this morn. it went like this. it went BOOM and didnt blow up hit about 1/2' off. Got it down to were I can get a deer at a 100 yards. oboy I own a weathreby! The triger, stock and scope belong in a fire pit not the base and rings I just bought them. After deer hunting this year which I will be using my highly tuned REM 721 30.06 that just did a cold bolt 100 and 200 yard 1" square. (YA baby) I got a stockless, trigerless scopeless WEATHERBY! Stock is going to be a B&C medalist (weatherby stock)triger tinmey or a single set? what do U all think? There that part is perty mutch done. Here is were I need help do I just give it to my smith and say true the action face the bolt lap the lugs and readjust the head space? Or is there a better way die cast mold?

Which Vanguard do you have? Sub MOA or Standard? If it's a stainless, I think it's probably a Sub MOA? And if it's a Sub MOA it should already have the pillar bedded B&C stock.

I would clean ALL the copper out of the barrel and have the bore scoped to see what condition it's in. If it's toasted you should get it rebarreled and then you would want to get the blueprint etc. If the bore is OK, i would just wait to fire with the new stock and see how it shoots, depending on what level of accuracy you want. If you want tighter groups then get the smithing done.

or....

Buy a new Stainless Sub MOA for about $800. With some load work it should shoot about .5 MOA give or take.

Mark

No it not a sub moa. It is one of them that walmart sold I cant beleave that weatherby put there name on it! I talked to the shop were I got it and I can do a store trade. Going tomarow leaving work at 12:00 I waited to long for the money back. That is ok there sing says over 10,000 guns there not lieing if they there dam close. I will let Uall know what it is.

I am back OOPS the sing says 5000 not 10,000. got a rem 700 SPS in camo stock 7mm rem mag I FEEL BETTER NOW.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.