Rebated Boattails

awleaphart

Has anyone on the site compaired rebated boattail to the norml boattail. I was reading on the Corbin (swaging bullets) site and started wondering. Does anyone sell rebated boattail bullets in 7mm. There is no BC info so you dont know what kind of BC you can get of of making the bullets your self.I was looking at the overall cost to buy the dies to make the bullets but is it worth the cost? Thanks

Thanks alot for the info. Do you or anyone might know the BC of there 200g bullets?

WC's 200 RBBT 7mm will be better than 0.70. How much better I don't know.

Their 169.5 gr 270 RBBT runs right at 0.74 at my range. The 200 class 7mm offering is at least in the same ball park.

If you have enough powder space behind the 200 WC and enough rifle to shoot them, you would have a good solid 1500 yd LRH DRT system.

in my opinion.

Has anyone on the site compaired rebated boattail to the norml boattail. I was reading on the Corbin (swaging bullets) site and started wondering. Does anyone sell rebated boattail bullets in 7mm. There is no BC info so you dont know what kind of BC you can get of of making the bullets your self.I was looking at the overall cost to buy the dies to make the bullets but is it worth the cost? Thanks

I make RBT bullets and they shoot very well. Do they shoot better than std. boat tails? I don't know? In theory, what Corbin says makes sense. As far as cost of making your own goes, you have to enjoy it as a hobby. It is very rewarding in that I can make long range hunting bullets that outperform anything on the market. (In my opinion) Would I recommend it to most people? Probably not! As far as B.C. goes, a 200 grain .284 bullet with a secant ogive and a proper ballastic tip, will probably exceed .8......
Rich

I am shooting a .284 Win. and I think the 200G is a bit on the heavy side. I was thinking more of a 175G. I am Shooting the 162G Amax right now and everything seems to be great. I was just looking at the Corbin swaging, it looks like fun to me but I think its not cheap. I really dont know if there is that much advantage of a 175G Rebated boattail to a standard boattail 162G Amax. But like I said. It still looks like a lot of fun to be making you own custom bullet. Thanks

I went to the Corbin site after seeing this thread, it's a good thing I'm already broke cause I would have hurt myself.
I have a very bad case of tinkeritis but it isn't covered by my insurance so treatment is all out of pocket :D:D:D

I went to the Corbin site after seeing this thread, it's a good thing I'm already broke cause I would have hurt myself.
I have a very bad case of tinkeritis but it isn't covered by my insurance so treatment is all out of pocket :D:D:D

Must be the same disease I have, but I sure have a lot of fun......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.