Rebarreling .22/250 for 6.5-284

tunofun

I have been thinking about rebarreling my REM700ADL .22/250 for 6.5-284, the bolt has the right head for the case, but isn't long enough to allow magazine loading or extraction of live rounds (I think, from my measurements)

Is there a block avaliable that I can install to blank off the magazine?

Are there other mods I will have to perform to do this mod?

Thanks

Yes,

there is a block. I's the Davidson single shot bench rest follower from Sinclairs. They cost aboutn $12. You glue it in and your done. if you wanted, score high makes them to go into the magazine on top of the factory follower. Does the same thing, but no glue. I have used the latter with great success.

Building a single shot 6.5x284 on a short action is no problem. Most of the M700 NRA "Any rifles" I see are short action. So long as you can easily pull the bolt,, it's a non issue.

You may consider either removing or weaking the ejector spring though,, so you don't slam the bullet against the side of the reciever when you pull a live round. I think it may induce a little run out when this happens,, but it's speculation.

FatBoy...

Davidson

Score high

You'll also need to have the bolt head slightly beveled so the case doesn't hit, as it's a rebate rim cartdridge.

[ 08-18-2004: Message edited by: FatBoy... ]

Tunofun ,
Try Peter at Pro Cal Trading in Bannockburn Vic. . Phone 03 5281 1380 .
Pretty sure he stocks what you're looking for .

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.