Rebarrel thompson center compass

Took out the rifle for the first time today. Shot 15 rounds total from each barrel to break in and clean. Shoot 5, clean, switch barrels, shoot 5, clean, etc. Then I laid down with the bipod and light rear bag (crushed walnut shells) and shot this 5 shot group at 130yds with the 308. Nothing amazing, but shows promise. The 7-08ai hated the 150s, so I will try 168s tomorrow.
57F492BD-5F50-4392-9E7F-A3CE49AE9A93.jpeg

Do you happen to know the action screw spacing for the compass ? I have a TC venture I'm doing a build on and there is next to no information out there. I'm hoping the barrel tenon is the the same....
Not Off the top of my head but I can check when I get home

Do you happen to know the action screw spacing for the compass ? I have a TC venture I'm doing a build on and there is next to no information out there. I'm hoping the barrel tenon is the the same....
Sorry for the delay. I forgot i had the old stock. It is 7"

Last edited:
Hello,

Reviving this old thread to see if anyone would know how I can get a replacement bolt assembly for a Compass in 6.5cm? I checked with T/C and they said they don't sell the bolt assembly and aren't doing any manufacturing at the moment due to the divestiture from S&W.

Thanks for any help!

I've been seeing a lot of great reviews on these rifles and I'm thinking of buying one and rebarrel to a fun caliber. Anyone know the barrel thread pitch and size? Are there any "gotchas" when it comes to rebarrelling them? Thanks

Edit: Finally got my hands on one and here is a basic drawing of the tenon (no it wasn't a 5 year old). Great news, since the TCC is considered a budget platform, is you can use takeoff remington 700 barrels. You can use the oem recoil lug or fit the barrel with a rem style. Lots of options. Hope this helps. I'll do a build video and post later.
View attachment 177154View attachment 177155
Did you ever make that video?