Rebarrel ruger predator worth it?!?!?

As Alibiiv indicated, maybe he and I are just the two luckiest people an earth, but I only have 4 Ruger 77's left, but none of them are going anywhere. A 243AI; a 250 Savage AI; a classic 257 Roberts; and a wonderful 308. All have been tuned and refined with their best loads, and shoot "lights out". If yours shoots as well and you are as comfortable with it, 'reup' and keep shooting for minimum output and maximum enjoyment.

As Alibiiv indicated, maybe he and I are just the two luckiest people an earth, but I only have 4 Ruger 77's left, but none of them are going anywhere. A 243AI; a 250 Savage AI; a classic 257 Roberts; and a wonderful 308. All have been tuned and refined with their best loads, and shoot "lights out". If yours shoots as well and you are as comfortable with it, 'reup' and keep shooting for minimum output and maximum enjoyment.
77/22, 22-250, .270 Ackley Improved, .308 Winchester, 30-06 Springfield (X3) .358 Winchester, 35 Whelen; favorite is the Ackley.👍👍

to put it simple, I have a ruger predator in 6.5cm with a barrel that has given up the ghost. I know it's not a super nice top shelf rifle, but with an aftermarket stock, trigger, and 4000+ down the pipe it has grown on me and I shoot it well. It has taken on the role as being the woopin child of my fleet and definitely gets more triggers pulls than anything else I own. The question is, would it be worth it to rebarrel a cheap rifle or should I just buy the same one and swap everything over (maybe save the action for a project down the road)? I would love to dive in and have a custom build but it's just not in the cards right now. This is the first barrel I've shot out so it's uncharted waters for me. Thoughts or recommendations?

Which Predator do you have? I had forgotten that Ruger made a m77 hawkeye predator. I had assumed it was an American predator just because you said it was cheap and that's just what I picture in my mind. It might determine whether or not you can get a prefit, I don't know. I just know that the prefit makers specify Ruger American. Anyway, you'll figure it out, I just got puzzling on it after looking at my buddy's predator 223 leaning in the corner.

Either way I still say rebarrel that thing. Best of luck.

And I'm looking to AI my 260 and then my 7:08. 😃
I was a whisker away from a 708ai, then I realized 7 saum dies were easier to get and all I needed to do was change the bolt face on my darling ugly savage. Easier dies and easy button expensive brass. But I'll never be able to ever fire the extinct OTC ammo. Pluses and minuses. Still want to try that ackley. Either way the world of barrel nuts and prefits is not one I'll probably ever leave. Just saying I might try a random ackley for a few hundred bucks feels like cheating.

Which Predator do you have? I had forgotten that Ruger made a m77 hawkeye predator. I had assumed it was an American predator just because you said it was cheap and that's just what I picture in my mind. It might determine whether or not you can get a prefit, I don't know. I just know that the prefit makers specify Ruger American. Anyway, you'll figure it out, I just got puzzling on it after looking at my buddy's predator 223 leaning in the corner.
Didn't even think about that, probably should have clarified. The rifle I was asking about is a ruger AMERICAN predator and I did find a whole bunch of options for prefits out there. Side note from all the m77 chatter, I do have an older m77 (varmint I think) in .223 and it shoots amazing.

Didn't even think about that, probably should have clarified. The rifle I was asking about is a ruger AMERICAN predator and I did find a whole bunch of options for prefits out there. Side note from all the m77 chatter, I do have an older m77 (varmint I think) in .223 and it shoots amazing.
Glad you're checking it out.

Same buddy who owns the American predator has a 223 m77 too in stainless. Medium sport barrel. Surprisingly heavy, carries like an expensive 25-06 I handled recently. Favorite gun I've ever worked the action on and fired. I borrow it for trips to the desert sometimes just to enjoy carrying it around, tell him I'm protecting the puppy from coyotes. Why can't you use your seven mag? Because maybe my wife wants to shoot or because it's my business now gimme your rifle.

to put it simple, I have a ruger predator in 6.5cm with a barrel that has given up the ghost. I know it's not a super nice top shelf rifle, but with an aftermarket stock, trigger, and 4000+ down the pipe it has grown on me and I shoot it well. It has taken on the role as being the woopin child of my fleet and definitely gets more triggers pulls than anything else I own. The question is, would it be worth it to rebarrel a cheap rifle or should I just buy the same one and swap everything over (maybe save the action for a project down the road)? I would love to dive in and have a custom build but it's just not in the cards right now. This is the first barrel I've shot out so it's uncharted waters for me. Thoughts or recommendations?
I have not read the entire thread is this the proper Ruger Predator with forest green laminated stock and the same trigger as the VT or the American one....
Please disregard just found my answer in the thread is what I get for being too quick on the trigger

Look up crown ridge barrel works. Anthony does excellent work. I bought prefits for 2 Ruger American predators, 6creemoor & 22 Creedmoor and they shoot great. Less than $450 for each barrel. I believe he uses xcaliber blanks. Good luck!

Look up crown ridge barrel works. Anthony does excellent work. I bought prefits for 2 Ruger American predators, 6creemoor & 22 Creedmoor and they shoot great. Less than $450 for each barrel. I believe he uses xcaliber blanks. Good luck!
Yeah he has others on hand occasionally but mostly xcaliber. he did an xcaliber for me and I can't believe what I got for the money or how fast I got it. Can't say enough good things about him.

I build a line of rifles for customers called the K-rifle. Based on ruger American receivers. I fully blueprint the receiver and bolt and precision fit a match grade barrel. No prefit for me. To many variables that kill Accuracy. I also get rid of the **** lock nut. I know its quick and easy but its the lazy way to build rifles and certainly not the best.bed good stocks to these barreled receivers and they shoot lights out. They are $2000-$2500 rifles but they will also provide 1/2 moa accuracy out to 1/2 mile easily. Also tune the triggers to 1 1/4 to 2 lbs. amazing little precision rifles on a budget. Have it done right and you will be happy. Cut corners and you will get what you already have….

D123D30B-79FD-47EF-B357-92C87F3BD974.jpeg
F72AB072-8AFC-48C7-B7CF-3B0F8FDD989B.jpeg