Reasonable bipod

I have used an Atlas for at least 10 years now. I have used it on the bench and I have a lot of experience with it in the field. As with all things, it doesnt work in all situations, but for me, it is the best bipod for any amount of money. I always have it attached to my rifle when I'm hunting, especially when I'm hunting the west.

Never tried to shoot off my tripod on the bench but my hunting tripod is a SLIK , I love it but SLIK might have been sold to a much larger company. $125.00 I think but I bought it many years ago.

I have used Harris bipods for more than 30 years and see no reason to change. I have about 5 of them and my fav is the 9" to 13" swivel with the aftermarket tension lock. I have found them to be a bit touchy on the bench however, my tip is to put a dry slick piece of cardboard on the bench and the bipod feet on that. It allows the rifle to slide with free recoil with no preloading at all and has improved my bench shooting. In the field I have to have thoughtful bipod feet placement and a slight preload to make the Harris work. cheers, Jason

I have several Harris and Caldwells as well as a Spartan a Magpul and an Atlas knock off. My first choice is the Caldwell Accumax Premium carbon Fiber that fits a pic rail.
I replaced the 2 mounting screws with screws that have a knurled knob so I can take it off and on in seconds without any tools. It's very light and less than a hundred bucks at Midway.

Harris for sure, BUT shooting any rigid bipod off of a hard surface, (Rock, or solid bench) WILL change the point of impact and enlarge groups. I always use a piece of carpet or a few layers of cloth.

Dave
I always do. I've got a heavy piece of felt, or an old horse blanket depending on where I'm going.
Good advice tho.

I'm a fan of the Magpul bipods.

They're polymer too, which is nice for all of the guys who are concerned about how much all of their gear weighs.
I wish I could say weight was more of a consideration but it's worth more shaving weight off my fat *** than my gear for the money

The new MDT bipod is pretty solid for about $200. Once you've tried one of the more expensive bipods, there is no going back.
I've got my eye on that.
It's about 280 locally (Cad) for the basic one. I think that's the highest I'll go for
My buddy has one of the top end ones and mmmm, had to ask for some time alone 'behind the firing line', as it were