Rear Rest Fill

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I have a large rear shooting rest. What is a good fill for a rear rest. I put sand in, but made it too heavy, I also tried using rice still too heavy.
Thanks
Len

Attachments

• Viper Rest and Rear Bag.jpg
    Viper Rest and Rear Bag.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 61
If you don't want to go that route you can use air soft bb's from walmart too. Have fun~!
They have several different media for rests. Don't want one too light, this is for "F" class shooting. You have to carry everything with you to the shoot position. Already have the max weight for rifle, Viper rest is HEAVY, don't need another 25 lbs for a rear rest, but need stability. When using the Viper Rest it is like your rifle is in a VISE IMO it is the BEST rest in the world!
Appreciate the help!!!

Last edited:
It's pricey but I like my rear bag that has Git-Lite fill. It's light but compresses down solid.

It's pricey but I like my rear bag that has Git-Lite fill. It's light but compresses down solid.

Thanks

I've read some have used bean bag fill from wally world. I've been meaning to try some. Probably too light for your needs. I'm thinking more of a rear bag and light fill for front bags.