Reamer suggestions

BoxMag1

Hello,

Reaching out to the guys in the forum to see what reamers you're running / suggest for the following;

- 300 Win Mag running the accubond or 210/215 bergers
- 338 Lapua running the 300 grain SMK / Scenar

Manufacture suggestions or prints would be really appreciated. One caveat, out of past experience I'm staying away from PT&G. Just haven't had the best customer service history from them.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Reaching out to the guys in the forum to see what reamers you're running / suggest for the following;

- 300 Win Mag running the accubond or 210/215 bergers
- 338 Lapua running the 300 grain SMK / Scenar

Manufacture suggestions or prints would be really appreciated. One caveat, out of past experience I'm staying away from PT&G. Just haven't had the best customer service history from them.

Thanks in advance!
For the Berger 215, contact @bigngreen.

Dave Manson for me, I've always had great service and he's accessible.
JGS is top rep also, just haven't dealt with them.

Running a .338 Lapua with 300 A-Tips in a CIP spec chamber.
Despite current wisdom leaning towards more bullet jump for VLD's instead of less (what we've been told the last fifteen years LOL)- we found just last week that didn't hold for us. I was considering throating longer, but optimal jump was .025 so sticking with what I've got.

Keep your mag length in mind unless you don't mind single feeding.

I think a print called A191 is what your looking for cant remember if its Bigngreen or not but seems alot of guys run that one who want to shoot the 215.
Call JGS or Dave I bet either one could email you a print.

Yeah, definitely the A191 reamer, has the throat to suit 215/230 but has to have the magazine length to go with it.
I run this chamber only in my comp rifles.
A normal SAAMI reamer will also work, but the bullet WILL be past the the neck/shoulder junction by quite a bit.
I also use JGS, Manson & Clymer reamers.

Cheers.

Edd from Tulsa suggested this one to me when I was looking for 300 wm reamer

Attachments

• 300 Winchester Mag Rhian Mantha.pdf
    173.4 KB · Views: 121
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.