Reamer question

257WTBY

So I'm building a fast twist 1-7 257 WTBY. I had Manson reamers build me a reamer to black Jack spec's. I plan to run Hammer 128gr. Would u use Sammi reamer or blackjack specific reamer?
Also anyone running blackjack 131 in 257 WTBY can you give me a COAL please I've read so many different things depending on what reloading manual you using makes my head hurt and all of them only go up to 120gr bullets.

thanks

Billy

I just built the same gun..except with a 7.5 twist. I used the blackjack spec chamber reamer. Haven't shot the gun yet. BJ and heavy berger bullets should be really close to the same ideal specs.

I wouldn't use a saami chamber spec reamer due to the 1/4" freebore found in factory chambers.

Yeah I got the info on using a regular reamer from a local guy i was questioning it. Directly from Blackjack they replied said use their reamer with .131 free bore. I dont doubt them but that seems like a lot of free bore???

So I'm building a fast twist 1-7 257 WTBY. I had Manson reamers build me a reamer to black Jack spec's. I plan to run Hammer 128gr. Would u use Sammi reamer or blackjack specific reamer?
Also anyone running blackjack 131 in 257 WTBY can you give me a COAL please I've read so many different things depending on what reloading manual you using makes my head hurt and all of them only go up to 120gr bullets.

thanks

Billy
Yeah I got the info on using a regular reamer from a local guy i was questioning it. Directly from Blackjack they replied said use their reamer with .131 free bore. I dont doubt them but that seems like a lot of free bore???
Billy,

I went with SAAMI on my 1:7" barrel. It is specifically built to propel the Berger 133s. Since I cannot get them yet, I will be starting with the 117 Cayugas (https://patriotvalleyarms.com/flm-257-117gr-cayuga-hunting-bullets-50ct/). A very dear friend is also sending me some 131 BJs to try. Most of the WBTY cartridge designs inherently likes a substantial amount of jump.

Weatherby free bore.JPG

The advantage of going with BJ's spec is that you might be able to chase near the lands. Good luck!

Ed

Thank you all for the responses I am going with the Black Jack Spec'd reamer and their recommended .131 free bore. I figure the 128gr hammers will be close enough in length to black jack bullets.

Again thanks for your responses.