Really!

Maybe RCBS should move operations to Wyoming...?
You thought things were bad now. See how bad they get when they have to shut down production, move, hire new people (that may not even exist), then start production back up again. Yeah... what could go wrong?

😆😅🤣😂

People with ZERO manufacturing experience should just stop typing. Seriously. All that comes from their keyboards is pure unadulterated nonsense with no basis in fact.

You thought things were bad now. See how bad they get when they have to shut down production, move, hire new people (that may not even exist), then start production back up again. Yeah... what could go wrong?

😆😅🤣😂

People with ZERO manufacturing experience should just stop typing. Seriously. All that comes from their keyboards is pure unadulterated nonsense with no basis in fact.
But it worked out so well for Marlin and their QC to move to NY, remember?

Last edited:
Saw on a couple of different sites the other day 525 22lr for $110.00. $0.21 a round. Since you can't reload for them I will quit shooting my 22lr's. I'll have to limit how much my grandsons get to shoot and you know kids or mine anyway love to shoot.

um, you can reload 22lr just as a heads up.

it's time consuming for sure, but if the difference between paying 15-20 per a thousand and some time and paying 65-70 per 500, i'll do the former.

Cheaper Than Dirt had 50 round boxes of reman 9mm for $129.88
I am by no means saying all retailers are guilty, but there is a good number of them that are......at least to a certain extent.
Fringe extreme examples can be found in ANY group of data. If you only want to cite extreme examples and count that as proof of the validity of your argument, then I can be equally irresponsible and say that all customers are whiny divas that want everything for cheaper than companies are willing to sell it and don't take responsibility for anything.

Cheaper than dirt has been doing that since obama was elected, and before.

No one is "doing this to us" either. Cheaper than dirt isn't "doing this to us." We're doing this to us... because none of the companies in question can force us to buy anything. Consumers decide. Not them.

It's impossible for them to do anything to us. They do what the consumers let them do. Period. They don't owe us anything. No one owes us anything. I buy tens of thousands of rounds of ammo and components per year. 50,000 to 60,000 rounds worth often times, and that's just for my own personal use. If they don't owe me anything, then they don't owe any shooter anything. I paid for things, I received those things... that's where it starts and that's where it ends.

Know what else? All this fire and brimstone talk, I've heard it all before. Several times. "Boycott them! Remember!!!!!" When obama was elected, the entire gun related internet swore in unison they'd shut cheaper than dirt down for what "they did to us." Nothing happened. Nothing will happen this time either. People have short memories, and when someone has something they want... they'd buy it from satan himself rather than go without. People are insanely selfish and insanely vain that way. People sell their souls for next to nothing every single day... and from where I stand, people are too busy blaming other people for their own refusal to change for that to stop anytime soon.

You originally claimed the retailers are doing this to us, not the manufacturers. From what I can tell, all nammo product took a price jump of 7-15%. Berger, lapua, viht, etc. Why have they raised prices? Nammo is european and runs on the Euro. Have you seen what the Euro is doing to the dollar lately? Have you seen what kind of inflation we had in 2020? Have you seen what kind of inflation we're due to have in 2021? One glance at currency markets and literally ALL of the price increases we've seen can be explained in 30 seconds.

As someone that owns their own business, I would think you'd have a fiduciary responsibility to understand a few macro and micro economic trends. You want things like this to stop? Then you had better take stock of yourself. You'd better start properly assigning blame and working toward a firmer understanding of the society we live in. The economy we live in.

I don't mean to sound overly harsh, but the grinding action of all of these threads seems to be taking a toll on me. I hope I wasn't overly offensive.

The scarcity of items allows entities to use bots, which buy it before you see it, and that gives them the power to control the market by ensuring scarcity. People are making millions of dollars on ammo, components, game consoles, and computer parts via this mechanism right now. Manufacturers are pricing to hedge against inflation, and that's about it. They are not responsible for monstrous price increases. Some dealers are doing it. The same ones that can always be seen doing it. They are happy to take advantage of the situation, but it isn't really their creation. This is individuals. Tech savvy folks that see an opportunity for a quick buck. The people deploying bots, aren't shooters any more than they are console gamers. They are capitalists, however.

There's no conspiracy. This is just raw capitalism when unchained greed has no negative repercussion. So long as people keep buying at absurd prices, the absurd prices will persist. The individual, and their individual choices, is what allows this situation to exist. Without peoples fear of missing out, the bots and their owners, would be completely powerless. When you have someone willing to pay you $1000 for a 1k primers... and you bought them for $55, you'd have to be nearly out of your mind to turn it down. The buyers control this situation... not the sellers.
One thing I've seen seen a couple people having issues with is getting kicked off of sites temporarily for refreshing pages rapidly trying to find in stock items. I know it happens sometimes at Midsouth. The midsouth site detects someone's ip address repeatedly refreshing and it flags it as suspicious behavior because they think it's a bot. So at least they are trying to limit what bots can do. It's still tough but it's not the end of the world.

Eventually all the people spending $300-$400 will run out of expendable income then all the gunjoker vendors will be sitting on their own excess product. Then they'll have to compete with all the retailers selling at normal prices. Its gonna take a little time but it's not the end of the world.

😆😅🤣😂

LoL. Maybe, but what would be the fun in that 😉.

As others have pointed out its not just reloading supplies, not that it makes the situation any less frustrating. Lumber is up 50% or more, appliances and furniture can have long lead times, and try to buy a new boat under 25ft. My mom's fridge went out this weekend its 6 weeks projected to get a new one. My in-laws moved to NC in November and bought a new couch in December, that couch is expected to arrive at the end of April or early May. I live near the Pamlico River in eastern NC where fishing and boating are hugely popular and there hasn't been a new boat under 25ft on a dealer lot available for sale since early last summer. I have a 21ft bay boat that's 13years old I bought three years ago and was recently offered 5k more than I paid for it, the only reason I haven't sold it is that replacing it impossible at the moment. If there's one thing this man can't do without its his boat and going fishing.
Almost $6.00 for a construction grade 2x4! yikes!!

It's easy to have flights of fancy when you're the end user, quite disconnected from the supply chain. Those of us within the industry know just how absurd some of these conspiracy theories are. The concept that companies are intentionally holding back product, is something that I and some of my contacts at ammo manufacturers and large distributors have had a good laugh about lately. I know guys at federal. I know guys at midway. I know guys at Grafs. I know guys at most of the large players.

No one is holding onto inventory on purpose.

No one I know anyway... and I know quite a few folks.

So if you want things to go back to normal... START ACTING NORMAL!!!!! If consumers keep acting rabid, and buying everything in sight at any price, this will persist. I promise you that. It's not a conspiracy. It's capitalism... and the customer is in control.
This is spot on.

It is a bit unfortunate to see unnamed biggest online dealer raising their prices though. I don't see the other big online dealers doing it.

Sleepy jb had nothing to do with it? The price of gas goes up .20 each week! Nope nothing to do with it?🤪

I've refused to pay for produces that where available. Not paying 1 dollar each for plinking fmj, just not doing it. I've also expressed pricing with vendors........I don't think they really care to much.......so I'll buy as I always have, good price I'll take it, if I need it at the time our not.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.