Really!

Chrsm

There's got to be more to this, lack of Ammo and components. We get told that production is up! But nothing ever hits the distributors, gun shops, box stores..... what is really going on here? Last time there was at least a trickle. This time nothing! I'm very skeptical.

Chrsm, over the past week, I am starting to see a "trickle" of supplies in the mid Atlantic region. Nothing consistent or wide spread but, bits and pieces of availability. I went to our local Cabelas, last week, and there was a 30+ person line in the reloading section. The staff was allowing a limited number of people in, and there were limits on how much one could purchase. But they had some stuff.

I'm also afraid every time you pull a trigger it will cost you $4.0 . Two weeks ago my local gun shop sold a consignment of 1k Tula primers for 200.00 . Looked at my shelf and thought, bring mine in for sale and buy an high end LR browning X-bolt. Than I thought no way to load for it!!! All my components have been bought before the rush do to last time. And believe me it was so nice to shoot at a reasonable price. Now I go to the pump, grocery, gun shop (look at all the firearms with nothing to feed them) ..........thanks JACK

There's got to be more to this, lack of Ammo and components. We get told that production is up! But nothing ever hits the distributors, gun shops, box stores..... what is really going on here? Last time there was at least a trickle. This time nothing! I'm very skeptical.
The scarcity of items allows entities to use bots, which buy it before you see it, and that gives them the power to control the market by ensuring scarcity. People are making millions of dollars on ammo, components, game consoles, and computer parts via this mechanism right now. Manufacturers are pricing to hedge against inflation, and that's about it. They are not responsible for monstrous price increases. Some dealers are doing it. The same ones that can always be seen doing it. They are happy to take advantage of the situation, but it isn't really their creation. This is individuals. Tech savvy folks that see an opportunity for a quick buck. The people deploying bots, aren't shooters any more than they are console gamers. They are capitalists, however.

There's no conspiracy. This is just raw capitalism when unchained greed has no negative repercussion. So long as people keep buying at absurd prices, the absurd prices will persist. The individual, and their individual choices, is what allows this situation to exist. Without peoples fear of missing out, the bots and their owners, would be completely powerless. When you have someone willing to pay you $1000 for a 1k primers... and you bought them for $55, you'd have to be nearly out of your mind to turn it down. The buyers control this situation... not the sellers.

I've heard of several gun shops in my area that will hold ammo for regulars on top of having a box of ammo for each gun they have in shop. Most of the smaller places are refusing to ship their ammo too. The reasoning is these out of staters won't be there once the ammo crisis is over, so take care of locals first. It's very nice to see being done.

The scarcity of items allows entities to use bots, which buy it before you see it, and that gives them the power to control the market by ensuring scarcity. People are making millions of dollars on ammo, components, game consoles, and computer parts via this mechanism right now. Manufacturers are pricing to hedge against inflation, and that's about it. They are not responsible for monstrous price increases. Some dealers are doing it. The same ones that can always be seen doing it. They are happy to take advantage of the situation, but it isn't really their creation. This is individuals. Tech savvy folks that see an opportunity for a quick buck. The people deploying bots, aren't shooters any more than they are console gamers. They are capitalists, however.

There's no conspiracy. This is just raw capitalism when unchained greed has no negative repercussion. So long as people keep buying at absurd prices, the absurd prices will persist. The individual, and their individual choices, is what allows this situation to exist. Without peoples fear of missing out, the bots and their owners, would be completely powerless. When you have someone willing to pay you $1000 for a 1k primers... and you bought them for $55, you'd have to be nearly out of your mind to turn it down. The buyers control this situation... not the sellers.
So what your saying it's not the manufacture of components, Ammo, it's middle man our (bots). Do they set on stockpiles? Do they have warehouses full? Is midway a bot? ???

So what your saying it's not the manufacture of components, Ammo, it's middle man our (bots). Do they set on stockpiles? Do they have warehouses full? Is midway a bot? ???
It's easy to have flights of fancy when you're the end user, quite disconnected from the supply chain. Those of us within the industry know just how absurd some of these conspiracy theories are. The concept that companies are intentionally holding back product, is something that I and some of my contacts at ammo manufacturers and large distributors have had a good laugh about lately. I know guys at federal. I know guys at midway. I know guys at Grafs. I know guys at most of the large players.

No one is holding onto inventory on purpose.

No one I know anyway... and I know quite a few folks.

So if you want things to go back to normal... START ACTING NORMAL!!!!! If consumers keep acting rabid, and buying everything in sight at any price, this will persist. I promise you that. It's not a conspiracy. It's capitalism... and the customer is in control.

It's easy to have flights of fancy when you're the end user, quite disconnected from the supply chain. Those of us within the industry know just how absurd some of these conspiracy theories are. The concept that companies are intentionally holding back product, is something that I and some of my contacts at ammo manufacturers and large distributors have had a good laugh about lately. I know guys at federal. I know guys at midway. I know guys at Grafs. I know guys at most of the large players.

No one is holding onto inventory on purpose.

No one I know anyway... and I know quite a few folks.

So if you want things to go back to normal... START ACTING NORMAL!!!!! If consumers keep acting rabid, and buying everything in sight at any price, this will persist. I promise you that. It's not a conspiracy. It's capitalism... and the customer is in control.
Normal days seem to be in the past! Be leave me I'm just a bi-stander. Watching things as they unfold! There's nothing normal about anything! Seems inside out!

This market will eventually come back to normal. At some point the new gun owners and infrequent shooters will stop buying. The hoarders will hit their threshold and the market will flood. At the first signs of this the "bot" entities will race to dump inflated inventory and retailers will be able to stock shelves. Once that happens there will be a surplus and then sales. Federal will close down 4 lines and lay off 120 people and you will find primers for $30 a brick and powder, even H1000 for $29 a pound. The bullet guys will be back to annual 15% off sales drives. Folks will see stuff on the shelf and not buy more than they need for a season or 2 of shooting and we will wait for it to happen again.

This market will eventually come back to normal. At some point the new gun owners and infrequent shooters will stop buying. The hoarders will hit their threshold and the market will flood. At the first signs of this the "bot" entities will race to dump inflated inventory and retailers will be able to stock shelves. Once that happens there will be a surplus and then sales. Federal will close down 4 lines and lay off 120 people and you will find primers for $30 a brick and powder, even H1000 for $29 a pound. The bullet guys will be back to annual 15% off sales drives. Folks will see stuff on the shelf and not buy more than they need for a season or 2 of shooting and we will wait for it to happen again.
Now that's normal!