Really????

rafterfp

I just purchased on a whim yesterday a new savage fcp-sr in 6.5 creed.
Zeroed scope cleaned shot a fouler or three at some rocks and then printed TWO .75 inch 10 shot groups on about 8 min!!!! Holy shat! All this with factory hornady match ammo! Any one else **** this rifle?

Zeroed scope cleaned shot a fouler or three at some rocks and then printed TWO .75 inch 10 shot groups on about 8 min!!!! Holy shat! All this with factory hornady match ammo! Any one else **** this rifle?

Correct me if I'm wrong, it is a top bolt release with an accustick???
Thats a different set up. I like it, usually accustocks are bottom bolt release.

Yep top bolt release , accustock with a wide fore end.
Stock is def a *** but dam this thing shoots!

I can't see why its a *** if it does its job correctly by contributing to shot to shot POI consistency. And at a good price also.

Not surprised. Most out of the box Savages shoot better than most other factory rifles. They may not be the 'purdiest', but man can they shoot!

I have a Savage Bear Hunter in 300 win mag that is mirroring what yours is doing with cheap Winchester factory ammo as well. I really think in order to see any significant improvement I would need to go full custom and dont have the money for that at the moment.

I just traded for a Savage FCP SR in 308 WIN. The first 12 shots brought it in. the last 3 shots were at 12 o'clock 1" high ;2 touching and one a quarter inch lower.
This is my seventh Savage,all of which are sub-MOA out to 300yds. I am anxious
to get this one out that far.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

Sounds like my Model 12 in 22-250. I just shot a group the other day with Nosler 55 bt and it printed a .196 group. Everything ive tried in it ive got sub .25 moa

Out of the dozen or so I own most all have shot like that out of the box. The ones that didn't, are not much bigger in group size.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.