Really????

rafterfp

I just purchased on a whim yesterday a new savage fcp-sr in 6.5 creed.
Zeroed scope cleaned shot a fouler or three at some rocks and then printed TWO .75 inch 10 shot groups on about 8 min!!!! Holy shat! All this with factory hornady match ammo! Any one else **** this rifle?

tbrice23

Zeroed scope cleaned shot a fouler or three at some rocks and then printed TWO .75 inch 10 shot groups on about 8 min!!!! Holy shat! All this with factory hornady match ammo! Any one else **** this rifle?

Correct me if I'm wrong, it is a top bolt release with an accustick???
Thats a different set up. I like it, usually accustocks are bottom bolt release.

rafterfp

Yep top bolt release , accustock with a wide fore end.
Stock is def a *** but dam this thing shoots!

tbrice23

I can't see why its a *** if it does its job correctly by contributing to shot to shot POI consistency. And at a good price also.

Rick Richard

Not surprised. Most out of the box Savages shoot better than most other factory rifles. They may not be the 'purdiest', but man can they shoot!

StrutNut

I have a Savage Bear Hunter in 300 win mag that is mirroring what yours is doing with cheap Winchester factory ammo as well. I really think in order to see any significant improvement I would need to go full custom and dont have the money for that at the moment.

the jigger

I just traded for a Savage FCP SR in 308 WIN. The first 12 shots brought it in. the last 3 shots were at 12 o'clock 1" high ;2 touching and one a quarter inch lower.
This is my seventh Savage,all of which are sub-MOA out to 300yds. I am anxious
to get this one out that far.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

Creedmoor shooter

Sounds like my Model 12 in 22-250. I just shot a group the other day with Nosler 55 bt and it printed a .196 group. Everything ive tried in it ive got sub .25 moa

Dgd6mm

Out of the dozen or so I own most all have shot like that out of the box. The ones that didn't, are not much bigger in group size.