really dumb question im sure... but.... 300 h and h to 338 winmag

clacka6mm

cant pass a deal up when i see it.... working a deal on a 338 28" blank barrel how much blaphmemy would it be if that barrel was spun inplace of an original pre war model 70 300 h and h... or do the barrel to fit something less unadulterated? ( keeping original barrel so it could be replaced ) or would value be effected either way if it was touched

I agree with mustang72. I view guns as a tool. Of course want them to be sharp, but it is after all a tool... If you want something to collect dust, buy gold bars...Build it how you want it.

Or sell it to another "collector" and build what you want.

I agree with mustang72. I view guns as a tool. Of course want them to be sharp, but it is after all a tool... If you want something to collect dust, buy gold bars...Build it how you want it.

Why can't he collect and shoot?

cant pass a deal up when i see it.... working a deal on a 338 28" blank barrel how much blaphmemy would it be if that barrel was spun inplace of an original pre war model 70 300 h and h... or do the barrel to fit something less unadulterated? ( keeping original barrel so it could be replaced ) or would value be effected either way if it was touched
I have a stainless .338 blank if you need one.

Chunk that old *** barrel and don't look back. Don't you hear it asking to be a .338 Edge ?

Absolutely! Why own it, if you can't use it? That'd be like me buying a chainsaw and leaving it stock, and in the box. Modify that bitch, and enjoy! Collecting is for boring old men, with nothing exciting in their life.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.