Real world 6.5cm vs prc

I can say I haven't done a PRC which I probably would have if it was out when I did my creed.
That being said I hunt almost exclusively with my creed because it's my handiest and favorite rifle in a bolt gun.
I shoot the 124 hh and now moving to the 123 absolute for more speed. I have take hundreds of game animals with it. Out to 600 yards my set limit for that round based on FPS upon impact.
Taken tons of hog, deer, mule deer,oryx, audad, sika, and pile of sheep.
The PRC will extend those ranges but also less components.
I can say I love my creed and would do it again in a heartbeat. Can't say I would turn down a PRC but if I had to choose again I'd probably end up with the same thing.

I have all of the parts gathered for a build except the action. I was going to build a 6.5 prc just to have a little more gas than a 6.5CM. I have a 22" proof bbl. anyone have some real experience in velocity difference. If I can only gain 100-150 FPS I will shoot the quiet little CM
It's more like 300+ - fps.

The op is asking about factory ammo and everyong is spouting off about what you can do with reloads. Has anyone compared the FACTORY Hornady 147s in both calibers with similar barrel lengths.

I don't own a PRC, just 18" and 28" Creedmoor barrels. I have never shot factory Hornday ammo, so I can give the OP an honest opinion.

Rant over
See post #22

It means one is right on that cusp of high pressure and the pocket is growing bigger. It's never been dangerous, you just don't get as much life from your brass. I notice it on my 300WM at third firing. If I can get 4 loadings from one piece of brass I'm happy. Trying to shoot loose primer pocket brass will start to fire etch the bolt face.
Brad,

You must be pushing the 208g at 3950 FPS. 😇

Ed

It wasn't in his original post. Page 2 post #21.
And there's a lot of custom "factory ammo" out there with many of the bullets listed. Berger makes a boat load of "factory ammo"
for both cartridges as do many others. I don't think he's looking for only info on the 147 Hornadys. I took his question to be a very generalized question about what's better. A 6.5 Creedmoor or a 6.5 PRC. Neither is better IMO but each does certain things superior than the other. Anyways kind of splitting hairs aren't we. The OP can chime in here should he like. If my post was not helpful I apologize.

I have all of the parts gathered for a build except the action. I was going to build a 6.5 prc just to have a little more gas than a 6.5CM. I have a 22" proof bbl. anyone have some real experience in velocity difference. If I can only gain 100-150 FPS I will shoot the quiet little CM
I have both.Shot 6.5 CM for about 26 months and then switched to 6.5 PRC Bergara Premier Pro. I love it.It fit me just right shooting out to 1200 yards.Going to try it out at 1800 yards.

We shoot the creed and prc. The prc will push the 140 elite hunters to 3070 in my wife's x bolt. She shoots it to 1 mile. Her rifle also pushes the 124 hammer hunter to 3350 fps. It has almst the same trajectory as mu 7 rem mag shooting 143 hammer hunters. When both are sighted in at 200 they are within .25 moa of each other. The 7mm is running 3030. Make the switching between rifles seamless. My creeds are 2750 to 2800 with 143 eldx. Love em both

Best I've done without using Rl-26 is 200fps faster with my rifles. The 6.5 prc has a 24" tube, creedmoor 26". the creed has about 300 rounds, the prc 75. im using 140 eld-m ,41.5 h4350 in starline lrp brass for 2780 In the creed . I'm using 143 eldx, 58 n565 Peterson brass for 2980. both loads are extremely accurate, neither are showing pressure at all.