Real world 6.5cm vs prc

I just built a 22" 65 Creed to shoot the 156's in NRL Hunter. It'll be my truck gun, too. I'm getting 2500 fps with R23, N565 and R16. R16 shows pressure not much above that speed. N565 can fill the case with no pressure. R23 takes up slightly less volume.

I've built a lot of 65SS and a couple PRCs with 26" barrels. I know I'll catch flak for this but running the 156 at 3080 is a warm load in every one I've loaded for. I'd expect 3000 'ish so that you're not disappointed if that's all you get.

So, based on my experience with those two (at the barrel length you mention) there's a 500 fps difference with 156.
Rl26 is your need for more speed with thr 156. I was using lapua SRP brass in a 24" Tikka superlite(LONG freebore) with the 156 seated 90k off lands I never hit pressure till 47.8gr which was 2816fps. 47.6gr had a faint ejector shadow @ 2807fps.

What causes loose primer pockets? I've had the occur on 25-06AI brass after only 2-3 uses. (I neck-size only after fire-forming.)
It means one is right on that cusp of high pressure and the pocket is growing bigger. It's never been dangerous, you just don't get as much life from your brass. I notice it on my 300WM at third firing. If I can get 4 loadings from one piece of brass I'm happy. Trying to shoot loose primer pocket brass will start to fire etch the bolt face.

I no longer use R26 after using it every cartridge I own for two years. I don't like the pressure I see when it gets hot.
It can go from no pressure to big pressure in the heat no doubt. Beings I'm 50 miles from Canada in the mountains we only have handful of days late summer above mid 80s.

not to take this thread down the wrong road but 2900-2925 in a 22" is more than likely 70K Plus PSI.........even with a miracle powder like 26 that's just not right!

Top end in my 24.5" with R26 was right in the 2700 range

Those are 6.5/06 speeds!

This was going to be my response to what he said but I decided not to as it'd just take this thead down the tubes for the OP...
2700???? 41.7 of H4350 gives me 2790 in a 24" and this is my accuracy node not at all top end. Shooting in the .2-.3

Just from my short experience with my PRC. 26" Proof barrel 3130 with 153 bergers and Retumbo 59.5 gr. No pressure signs

I may have made a mistake. I got a 8twist barrel
My proof is 7.5 and my xcaliber is 8. I've shot the 156 to 1500 in that 8 twist and zero issue. It was dead on for bc and velocity off my lab. I have new steel for our range that will go to 1550 next spring. I'll be able to drill into bc truing more in depth if needed but right now I have zero with the 8 twist barrel.

I will be a little more specific. Anyone shot a 6.5 cm with the hornady 147 eldm ammo in 22 or 24" and does anyone have the velocity their prc runs with same ammo

The op is asking about factory ammo and everyong is spouting off about what you can do with reloads. Has anyone compared the FACTORY Hornady 147s in both calibers with similar barrel lengths.

I don't own a PRC, just 18" and 28" Creedmoor barrels. I have never shot factory Hornday ammo, so I can give the OP an honest opinion.

Rant over

The op is asking about factory ammo and everyong is spouting off about what you can do with reloads. Has anyone compared the FACTORY Hornady 147s in both calibers with similar barrel lengths.

I don't own a PRC, just 18" and 28" Creedmoor barrels. I have never shot factory Hornday ammo, so I can give the OP an honest opinion.

Rant over
His original post said nothing about factory ammo at all.