Real Hunters?

Your definition applies to every hunter I've ever known. Whether you hunt over a food plot/feeder from a shooting stand, or from a vehicle cruising the roads, or from horse back, or walking a corn field, etc. etc., you know the deer's "habits, patterns, where it lives and travels." Based on this knowledge, you then plan the location of your food plot/feeder, locate your shooting stand, position your vehicle, place blockers around a corn field for the walkers, etc., and wait for the rendezvous to finish the hunt. We hunt in different ways depending on the terrain and state you are hunting.
Well said thank you

How many of us are really hunters?
With that statement I like to define a true hunter but also no disrespect to the one's that fall out of this category.
A hunter in my opinion is a person that kills to have hunted.
Hunting means one knows everything about his quarry.
Knows its habits, paterns,where it lives and travels.
The hunter than plans and sets up a rendezvous and than hopefully if he is a competent marksman finishes the hunt.

So again no disrespect for people with a limited time frame,disabilities,traveling to far of locations etc.
These people must rely on outfiters and guides to do to a great extent the hunting for them and they become the shooters.

People hunting the fringes of parks,roadhunters ( with the exception of antelope ) game reserves and sanctuaries also don't qualify.
And neither do drones, heat seekers, fish finders. lol

So how many of us are really a full fledged hunters?
Just wondering.
Martin
I don't really care if I qualify or not. You do your thing and I'll do mine. Being good stewards and enjoying Gods great outdoors is what counts no purist qualifications please.

My Ex-Girlfriend said I wasn't a real hunter because I slept in my bed got up early and drove to a hunting spot instead of camping out in a tent in the woods. But I have camped in the mountains on public land and killed Elk as well as employed guides so I want to at least be able to say I'm kind of a real hunter but now I'm doubting myself.....

A hunter in my opinion is a person that kills to have hunted.
Hunting means one knows everything about his quarry.
Knows its habits, paterns,where it lives and travels.
The hunter than plans and sets up a rendezvous

Well atleast we know by your definition Jeffery Dahmer qualified as a real hunter. Guys freezer was always full…😂

Last edited:

Recent Posts