Real Hunters?

All this does bring up one important point. What do you all do when you run into a "Wantabe" hunter? Here is an example. I had a business associate many years ago that was one of "Those Guys". Big hunter, so I took him deer hunting. He is the only individual I have ever met to miss a deer, standing broadside, at 10 feet with a log for a rest. So, what did I do? I taught him to shoot, reload, and hunt, in that order. He ended up being very successful in both business and hunting. He shot Big Game all over the World, and we became lifelong friends until his death. I hope each of you find one of "Those Guys". In a way its like teaching your kids after they are grown. Mountains of good times and memories.

With a spear does that count 🤩

Attachments

• 864C883C-AAEA-42C2-AAB0-F96F62740BAF.jpeg
    864C883C-AAEA-42C2-AAB0-F96F62740BAF.jpeg
    460.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 4DC41E85-F029-4967-B0A4-7882D60DB40A.jpeg
    4DC41E85-F029-4967-B0A4-7882D60DB40A.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 147
How many of us are really hunters?
With that statement I like to define a true hunter but also no disrespect to the one's that fall out of this category.
A hunter in my opinion is a person that kills to have hunted.
Hunting means one knows everything about his quarry.
Knows its habits, paterns,where it lives and travels.
The hunter than plans and sets up a rendezvous and than hopefully if he is a competent marksman finishes the hunt.

So again no disrespect for people with a limited time frame,disabilities,traveling to far of locations etc.
These people must rely on outfiters and guides to do to a great extent the hunting for them and they become the shooters.

People hunting the fringes of parks,roadhunters ( with the exception of antelope ) game reserves and sanctuaries also don't qualify.
And neither do drones, heat seekers, fish finders. lol

So how many of us are really a full fledged hunters?
Just wondering.
Martin
a good way to become a real hunter is to be a trapper beaver mink wolves coyotes fox ect when you can trap them all you will learn a lot about evreything they live with and eat. the rest is easy if you keep learning

How many of us are really hunters?
With that statement I like to define a true hunter but also no disrespect to the one's that fall out of this category.
A hunter in my opinion is a person that kills to have hunted.
Hunting means one knows everything about his quarry.
Knows its habits, paterns,where it lives and travels.
The hunter than plans and sets up a rendezvous and than hopefully if he is a competent marksman finishes the hunt.

So again no disrespect for people with a limited time frame,disabilities,traveling to far of locations etc.
These people must rely on outfiters and guides to do to a great extent the hunting for them and they become the shooters.

People hunting the fringes of parks,roadhunters ( with the exception of antelope ) game reserves and sanctuaries also don't qualify.
And neither do drones, heat seekers, fish finders. lol

So how many of us are really a full fledged hunters?
Just wondering.
Martin

D736267F-57A2-44F9-9CAF-BE58487409C0.gif