Real Hunters?

717CD60F-C2A1-4656-A5EA-6F2CCAFAEDF9.gif

How many of us are really hunters?
With that statement I like to define a true hunter but also no disrespect to the one's that fall out of this category.
A hunter in my opinion is a person that kills to have hunted.
Hunting means one knows everything about his quarry.
Knows its habits, paterns,where it lives and travels.
The hunter than plans and sets up a rendezvous and than hopefully if he is a competent marksman finishes the hunt.

So again no disrespect for people with a limited time frame,disabilities,traveling to far of locations etc.
These people must rely on outfiters and guides to do to a great extent the hunting for them and they become the shooters.

People hunting the fringes of parks,roadhunters ( with the exception of antelope ) game reserves and sanctuaries also don't qualify.
And neither do drones, heat seekers, fish finders. lol

So how many of us are really a full fledged hunters?
Just wondering.
Martin
Not sure anyone can know EVERYTHING about their quarry... If we did, we'd be able to get on a decent animal about 99% our outings and know exactly what times to go. The other 1% of the time would be for chance interference of unexpected phenomena such as the deer we knew was coming here at this time accidentally slipped and fell and sprained its ankle, which slowed it down quite a bit and never made it to the spot we knew it would be before the wife text and threatened to haul our gear off if we didn't get home and go with her to the kid's recital at once. I guess I have to say I'm a fake hunter too, since I'd have the cell phone for her to reach me out in the field in the first place... RATS!

really-dog.gif

Know your quarry & focus on its vulnerabilities. Enjoy a productive pursuit while helping mankind

The rodents have been carriers of fleas that carried plague from 1346 up to recent history, killing hundreds of million humans. Our planet is in danger of being overrun by hordes of filthy fecund rodents & their associated diseases. I was forced to have a plague inoculation before going to Viet Nam where I saw many rats. Prairie dogs harbor plague & their fleas will abandon dead & cooling rodent bodies to find new homes on warm human bodies. Rodents gnaw away at crops & stored grains and leave disgusting deposits. Then there is the Hanta virus.

All this goes thru my mind while loading up ammo & preparing for another rodent shoot. Spraying pant legs with insect repellant is a good idea and washing hands upon touching fence gates or any other ground contact item. Spray boots with mild solution of bleach and tread on wet bleach solution soaked mat before getting into vehicle - decontaminate gear when done. Know enough about your quarry (enemy) - in this case the rodent. I don't see how the nice badgers can eat the rodents. The man in the video appears to have been offered a prairie dog lunch & is declining the invite. In WWI anthrax was spread by badger hair shaving brushes used for shaving to ensure good gas masks sealing for chem. warfare.

Well that's really gonna depend on how well My guide fills out a pair of Levi's.

This bringing an entirely new aspect to consider when choosing a guide.. 😂
Hey now, girls guide too! Never actually seen one, but heard rumors. Bad thing is that nowadays some with the untrained eye, such as myself, may have to give it the ole squeeze test like on Crocodile Dundee.
B7CAB07F-D4F1-42D7-A106-74A0B6F759A8.png

Hey now, girls guide too! Never actually seen one, but heard rumors. Bad thing is that nowadays some with the untrained eye, such as myself, may have to give it the ole squeeze test like on Crocodile Dundee.
View attachment 296828
You're going to need that courage/prayer when you make that squeeze and find you got a cougar by the tail.... 😝 😝 🤗

Recent Posts