Ready to give up on this rifle, any suggestions?

There's a reason why the 7mm WSM never became as popular as the 270 or 300 WSM's...they are tedious. While the concept looks sound, with good ballistics, they don't seem to deliver acceptable accuracy. I think it's better to have an outfit that tests my skill, not my patience. Better to get a 7mm Rem Mag.
I think the shorter neck leads to its tediousness.

winchester m-70 s/s synthetic 7mm WSM. I have tried 11 bullets (at multiple seating depths), 6 powders, three primers and three different cases. I have neck sized and full length sized. Two different scopes, bedded rifle and can not get this rifle to shoot any hand loads consistently. I have almost 200 rounds down this bbl trying to get some kind of load and I'm no closer now than when I started! Here is the kicker, it shoots federal fusion 150's lights out! Hornady outfitter 150 GMX shoots better than any handload I have made….. I know you are going to say just shoot the factory ammo and be happy. I can't do that. the only thing I have not done is crimp the bullet. I have never crimped any of my other rifles and never had a problem. I will try some tomorrow with a crimp and report back. I am open to any suggestions, is there anything I have left out? I love the rifle and would really like to get an accurate load before I shoot the bbl out… tks!
If someone has not suggested this yet, if you can get a bore scope, and check your bore for imperfections, tooling marks and barrel fouling if fouling is present clean the barrel well and invest in some Tubbs firelapping bullets if tooling marks are present. I have seen a couple of videos on how to set the seating depth on your rifle as well at the following website: https://www.longrangeonly.com as well as other techniques to optimize your hand-loads, much better than I could explain to you.

On the ammunition that your rifle shoots well you may find, what I gave found, on one of my rifles, the factory ammunition that it shot well was at a specific COAL range. This was what I found on my BAR it shoots more accurately with a shorter COAL and when I measured the length of the brass that was shorter as well, I prepare my brass that way now for this rifle. The Brass had to all be full resized if I shot it prior out of my Savage bolt gun in the same caliber, and it could not even chamber some of my reloads made for my bolt gun if those reloads were just neck sized. I have had mixed results on crimping. My BAR does have another type of muzzle brake besides a Boss on it. I have done the Tubbs not the full treatment on the barrel on my BAR. But it will get about 0.5 MOA if I do my part which is good enough for me. Hope that helps,

I have a factory Model 70 featherweight in .270 that wouldn't group well without a Simms vibration dampener doughnut on the barrel. A trip to the gunsmith for pillars helped. I just got a 130 grain Accubond load to shoot well this week without the doughnut.
I use a barrel resonator (doughnut) on my browning 270 wsm - I shoot 1spear grandslams 2 nosler partition 3 hornady SST im not a great shot. but i can get groups say 1.5 inch thats good for me as to powder charges I use what the book tels me but never max powder loads - powder IMR 4350 standard primers (large) - full length re size over all lengths what the books says hey im no pro also I use a redfield 3 - 9 x 40 reticle (POST) if you look at the reticle german 1 - I will admit not the greatest for target and precision - but on live game its easier for me to get on game - I mainly hunt power lines that gives me the best chance and the longest time on moving game IMO works for me - that said i standard reticle will shoot better groups no doubt but its a trade off with me - hope it helps and im no guru as to when it comes to reloading - i learned from my uncle Rich but itss the basics tho - so good luck and keep going ..

if I had to do over again knowing what i know lol, I would get a standard 270 if your going to shoot factory ammo its the best choice IMO certainly easier to find 30/06 too
Eh, I like the short magnums and I don't shoot factory ammo. There's a long list of reasons I chose the 7mm over other calibers and there's a reason I chose the 7mm WSM over other cartridges. If I were to do it again and when I rebarrel my 7mm WSM I'll probably do a 7-300 WSM or a 7mm SAUM.

Eh, I like the short magnums and I don't shoot factory ammo. There's a long list of reasons I chose the 7mm over other calibers and there's a reason I chose the 7mm WSM over other cartridges. If I were to do it again and when I rebarrel my 7mm WSM I'll probably do a 7-300 WSM or a 7mm SAUM.
thank you for your response i love all the information given by many - please stay in touch