Ready for duck season!

This was one of our sunsets. My son took this picture, turned to me and said "this is my favorite place in the world." It doesn't get any better than that.

Duck season is wrapping up in TX this coming weekend, not sure about others in TX, but my place in North East TX has not seen near the amount of Ducks as in years past.. My ponds are usually pretty good at holding ducks, a guarantee each morning to bag some Mallard's or Gadwall's for sure, this season I have been to those ponds and no ducks are coming in. Not sure what happened this year, just hope next season is not the same..

Duck season is wrapping up in TX this coming weekend, not sure about others in TX, but my place in North East TX has not seen near the amount of Ducks as in years past.. My ponds are usually pretty good at holding ducks, a guarantee each morning to bag some Mallard's or Gadwall's for sure, this season I have been to those ponds and no ducks are coming in. Not sure what happened this year, just hope next season is not the same..
Ours ends in Arkansas this weekend too. We've had the worst season on record. Lack of snow in MO is the culprit we all think. Normally this time of year we can limit out in about 30min. We haven't even killed a full limit in 3 weeks. Geese are everywhere, and we have been working them over instead.

I went out yesterday morning, sat for three hours and only had a pair of hooded merganser show up. Same thing happened to me about two weeks ago, same pair of hooded merganser, like clockwork 7:34am arrive at pond, swim around the Decoys and do a little diving, then head out..

No but we had less rain. I hunt the rivers. When it rains hard the ducks go to the fields. We have an early youth hunt in September which usually has low numbers. However, the past 2 years has seen lots of birds. Over all we have seen more birds the past 2 years.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts