Re-Barrel-28 Nosler-Which barrel?

killintime71

Always been a finicky gun, and am ready to re-barrel and going to a 28 Sherman. Had a recommendation from some for X-Caliber (no firsthand knowledge) Bartlein, and Benchmark. Any favorites among those three or others I should look at? Being utilized as a Elk/Muley/Mtn gun.

Hart Rifle Barrels. Been in the business of making custom rifle barrels for at least 2 generations, and can have a blank in your hands in 8-10weeks (I just talked with them last week, and that was what I was quoted. I've never had 'um mis-quote lead time in the many years I have used them).

There's lot of good options nowadays. I usually recommend people to buy what's on the shelf and fits their needs. That could be a Bartlein, Brux, Krieger, Benchmark etc. I've been using Lilja barrels lately and I am liking them a lot. They carry some barrels in stock on their website and if you want to order one it's about a 12-14 week wait. Not bad considering some of the others are 12-14 months behind. @shortgrass advice is solid as well. I've never heard about a bad Hart barrel. I've personally never used one, but I wouldn't be afraid to try one in a heartbeat from the praise and never hearing a bad word about them.