Re-Annealing Lapua brass cases

Deputy819

"Lapua does not recommend re-annealing our cases, as the results of such a procedure can never be guaranteed. Re-annealing may change the case proportions and the metal hardness in a way that makes the case potentially dangerous for both firearm and shooter."

- Above quote was taken straight from Lapua website. Curious as to what you guys think about this and if you actually follow their recommendation?

Curious as to if you heed all of the firearms manufacturers warnings of "never fire reloaded ammunition through this firearm as it will void the warranty and could potentially damage the firearm or maim or kill the operator"

"Lapua does not recommend re-annealing our cases, as the results of such a procedure can never be guaranteed. Re-annealing may change the case proportions and the metal hardness in a way that makes the case potentially dangerous for both firearm and shooter."

- Above quote was taken straight from Lapua website. Curious as to what you guys think about this and if you actually follow their recommendation?
I anneal my Lapua cases after every firing before sizing, it's the only way to have the cases the same each time they're loaded/fired again. I have NEVER had a split neck in Lapua brass.

Cheers.

Does reannealing mean.. Don't reanneal our cases as soon as you get them? If so I would listen. So many people of Caliber here and other reputable forums have been shooting these cases for so long and I'm sure reannealing them that I think you may be reading too much into this.

Not at all....I actually anneal my Lapua cases. I just wanted to know what others thought about Lapua's recommendation.
its called CYA!!! all companies do it now a days--- hence the warning on the back of binacca blast that says " do not use in eyes" -- funny thing is that super glue has the same warning

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.