Re#23 and Re#26 ????

I saw a write up on these somewhere that now I can't find my way back to it which is of no help to you other than to know that there is something out there.

I just started working with R26 in my 6.5 Sherman yesterday and it seems it may be a good fit. Speeds with 140gr A-Max approaching 3300. It is the same chemistry as R17 and R33. When I move up to the 160's I'll be able to make a direct comparison to R33.

Cliff

the Atk statement says reloader 26 has a burn speed between rl22 and rl 33, it also says it is definitely slower than reloader 25, but then Alliants reloading data for the 7mm & 300 wheatherby has the max loads at about 4 gr less than the reloader 25 loads with a little more velocity than rl 25 so is it slower or faster than rl 25 or is it both????

Interesting. I burn re#22 in my 6x284 now , I'll be trying that Re# 23 next
I think it will work well. I haven't tried it yet. Not sure what to use it in.

I think it's a good match in the 257Wby and 270Wby.

QL thinks I can get to ~3700fps with a TTSX 100 in the 257. That would be pretty cool.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.