Re#17 and 6x284

Thats worth trying wondering the same my self. Our deer rifle season starts in 2 days but i dont have the time to try. I was also getting good results with W- 760.
Mike

My 6x284 loves H4350. I wonder how Re#17 would work any ideas ?

If your 6x284 like's H4350 it will proably like RL17 better. They both have similar burn rates and you will porbably find your max RL17 load to be about 1 gr higher than the H4350, give or take. Not sure about RL17's sensitivity to temp. Have read reports saying both, stable and not stable. I'll be checking that out when I get a chance after hunting season and get some warm weather :rolleyes:

Mark

When someone works up a load, please post it.

I recently picked up a 6x284 and need some loads to try.

I have begun testing. So far I can shoot a heavier charge of Re#17 over H4350 with much higher velocities with 87gr V-Max (3693 fps)and 85gr Speer SPBT. But accuracy with V-Max was poor when pushed above 3550. but 85gr Speer in front of 54grs of Re#17 I can hit a 16 oz water bottle at 230 yds placed on a rock shot off the hood of my truck. Haven't had time to shoot those on paper. Tomorrow I will plus some 90gr Nosler BTs. So I'll post latest results. But so far its thumbs up on Re#17 in the 6x284 in my 26" 10"twist Hart bbl.

Ironworker,

I have similar set up.

Remington trued action, Hart 1 in 10 twist, 26 inch barrel. Sporter contour.

I appreciate any and all feedback you give on your results since I am new to this caliber, and your data should be ideal due to similar set ups.

I will not likely get out to the range in the next couple of months, however I will be loading up some rounds and your information is timely indeed!

How come you can't get out to the range for a couple of months ? Any how I my trip to the range was beneficial . My load sequences began at 52.2grs -54.5 grs of Re#17 both 54 and 54.5 had shinny ejector marks and stiff bolt rise. But accuracy was best ever 1/4MOA at 100 yds. Bullet was 90gr Nosler BT Those bullets shot better then any bullet I've ever shot,far superior then any V-Max.Last time at range a chronograph was used. 53.5 pushed a 87gr V-max to 3,693 .So 54grs could very well have produced 3700+ with those 90gr missiles !

Two reasons.

The maiun one is that it was in teens yesterday. With Wind Chill at the range, it just takes the enjoyment out of it.

The second is that I may be traveling out of town for work.

If I am home and it warms up a bit, I may slip over for an afternoon to test some loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.