RCBS vs. Hornady dies.

gohring3006

If given these two choices, which one would you choose and why?
my reason for asking is im getting a new die set for my 22-250 and those are the two that are stocked at my GS..
thanks..

Both are good both have good customer service .. I use both I like rcbs better for pistol that's about it other than that both are good

Used rcbs (and a couple redding) for years but purchased hornady last time for my 280 AI. Very pleased. I think the The floating bullet alignment sleeve is a great feature. Will be order others in 300 win mag and 6.5-284 very soon.

Both are good both have good customer service .. I use both I like rcbs better for pistol that's about it other than that both are good
Good to know about pistol. I plan buying .40 S&W and 9mm dies in the near future..
thanks.

Used rcbs (and a couple redding) for years but purchased hornady last time for my 280 AI. Very pleased. I think the The floating bullet alignment sleeve is a great feature. Will be order others in 300 win mag and 6.5-284 very soon.
I to have used RCBS for my '06 and .243, I think ill try the Hornady this time.
thanks.

I personally like Hornady dies better Great Customer Service!!!! And the lock ring is better don't have to replace it if your using a co-ax. The floating bullet seater all around better to me PLUS free bullets!!!!!gun)

Well my preference is Forster bechrest dies for the greater attention to detail, tighter tolerances and much better concentricty of loaded rounds

I personally like Hornady dies better Great Customer Service!!!! And the lock ring is better don't have to replace it if your using a co-ax. The floating bullet seater all around better to me PLUS free bullets!!!!!gun)
I picked up the Hornady set. I also use the coax so that was a plus.
I forgot abou the free bullets. Lol

I'd go for RCBS
I have no complaints on my RCBS dies, they have given me some tight groups. Lol. But the Hornady's theory with the new dimension concept has me listening. I figure with my coax and the hornady die it should in theory make some good ammo..

I started using hornady a while back because the seating die is IMO the best you can get in that price range, however, I have combined sets for a few of my rifles and either gone back to an RCBS sizer, or a body die with a Lee Collet sizer. But, I still run the Hornady seater.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.