RCBS rockchucker supreme deluxe at cabelas

Elkwonder

Is the deluxe supreme worth the 750 that cabelas wants? Is there any pieces in this kit that arnt worth the money. Are there better options for the money?

I use the Rockchucker, Chargemaster, hand priming tool, loading block from RCBS. The case prep center is great for chamfering case mouths, and cleaning out primer pockets.
You'll need a few more items:
Electronic Caliper
Lyman Flash Hole Uniformer
RCBS® Standard Bullet Puller and RCBS® Standard Bullet Puller Collets (your caliber)
RCBS® Stuck Case Remover

If you don't have a case cleaner already, go with the Thumler's Tumbler Model B Rotary Tumbler with the Stainless steel pins.

This is just the beginning of enjoyment.

Cabelas or Lyman's inertia puller is cheaper and get some Sinclair Imperial wax type case lube and forget the stuck case puller.

I second Thumlers tumbler or the RCBS Sidewinder but I like cob over stainless pins....JMO.

Cabelas has them on sale every Christmas. Bought mine 3 years ago for less......:)

Evidently flip has never stuck a case. You don't know how valuable it is until you stick a case and are dead in the water, CHEAP INSURANCE.

I don't have a case puller either. A tap@ die, a bolt with matching threads, and a few car washers will do the trick if you've got anything lying around.
I haven't needed one forever-- I use rcbs lube... any of the bottle or wax lubes are better than the sprays. The sprays seems to stick 'em good if you don't get enough on or forget to shake the can.

I have used both an inertial puller and a rcbs collet puller and I won't touch an inertial for anything other than lead pistol bullets again. I don't even have an inertial puller at present, but I supose I should get one.

Thanks Gary, I didn't want to get into the simple mechanics of pulling a stuck case. I stick 'em ocassionally like everyone else....

If you handload long enough you are gonna stick one but you can also 'feel' a tight one as well, at least I can and I don't continue sizing at that point. It comes out easier most times.

Always been a fan of Hornady One shot case lube but for magnum calibers, Imperial Sizing Wax seems (again IMO), to be a better alternative. Considering what 338 Lapua brass costs, one really don't want to rip off case heads, at least I don't.

No. Is my short answer. My long answer is that if you are brand new and don't have a clue as to what you might want or need but are in a big hurry to get started, it might not be a bad option.

Rock Chuckers are great presses. I have three of them set up on my reloader bench. I have not purchased one new and have not paid more than $175 for any of them. They can be had on Flea Bay and Craigs List, used for under $200 pretty readily if you keep an eye out.

I have been reloading for over 20 years so I have developed some definate likes and dislikes during that timeframe amongst the scads of reloading equipment out there.

Without going into a lot of detail, here is what I wish I would have bought the first time around.

- A Rock Chucker press (The Co-Ax is a great press if you can justify the money.)

- A RCBS Balance Beam scale. (Unless you spend a lot of money, I have not found an electronic scale that is as good as a upper end RCBS blanace beam type scale.)

- I like the large blue brass tumbler from Dillon. I can put a crapload in it at one time and it has been doing a good job for the last 15 years. I have literally cleaned a ton of brass with it.

- I like the RCBS micrometer powder dispenser. Yeah, it has a few issues when dealing with stick powders but thats what tricklers are for. It will literally last forever.

- I have a Forster case trimmer, every possible brand of dies and more crazy guages as specialty tools than I'd like to admit to.

It's an addiction that I have gotten thousands of hours of satisfaction out of. Good luck!

Shop the other reloading websites (Midsouth, Natchezz, Wideners, Grafs) for deals first. If there is a Cabelas in your state you'll be paying sales tax on it. I give the local shops first consideration but don't want to lose my shirt over it.

Between ebay, craigs list and gun shows I don't buy much reloading tools new anymore. I picked up a rock chucker press at a gun show last month for $65.

The wife wants to know why I have three RCBS 10-10 scales. Because they can be had for about $35 at gun shows. Compared to over $100 new.

No. Is my short answer. My long answer is that if you are brand new and don't have a clue as to what you might want or need but are in a big hurry to get started, it might not be a bad option.

Rock Chuckers are great presses. I have three of them set up on my reloader bench. I have not purchased one new and have not paid more than $175 for any of them. They can be had on Flea Bay and Craigs List, used for under $200 pretty readily if you keep an eye out.

I have been reloading for over 20 years so I have developed some definate likes and dislikes during that timeframe amongst the scads of reloading equipment out there.

Without going into a lot of detail, here is what I wish I would have bought the first time around.

- A Rock Chucker press (The Co-Ax is a great press if you can justify the money.)

- A RCBS Balance Beam scale. (Unless you spend a lot of money, I have not found an electronic scale that is as good as a upper end RCBS blanace beam type scale.)

- I like the large blue brass tumbler from Dillon. I can put a crapload in it at one time and it has been doing a good job for the last 15 years. I have literally cleaned a ton of brass with it.

- I like the RCBS micrometer powder dispenser. Yeah, it has a few issues when dealing with stick powders but thats what tricklers are for. It will literally last forever.

- I have a Forster case trimmer, every possible brand of dies and more crazy guages as specialty tools than I'd like to admit to.

It's an addiction that I have gotten thousands of hours of satisfaction out of. Good luck!

when you start to crunch all the numbers the cost difference comes together quickly between the Co-Ax and the RCBS press. Besides the Co-Ax has a made in USA lable on it instead of made in China. It will probably last you a couple life times, and if you grow tired of it just sell it on Ebay for almost what you paid for it.

No powder measure does stick powders very well. I like the cheap Lyman #55.
gary

when you start to crunch all the numbers the cost difference comes together quickly between the Co-Ax and the RCBS press. Besides the Co-Ax has a made in USA lable on it instead of made in China. It will probably last you a couple life times, and if you grow tired of it just sell it on Ebay for almost what you paid for it.

No powder measure does stick powders very well. I like the cheap Lyman #55.
gary
the newer RCBS are Chinese??? I knew their calipers had gone there, but I wasn't aware the presses had.....I've got a newer model original rockchucker, is that Chinese??

I was a bit taken back by that myself so I went out in the shop and looked. Mine is about 3 years old. I can't find any 'made in China' anywhere on the casting. I wouldn't doubt it in as much as about all the casting houses are gone from America, due in large part to the EPA and their suffocating regulations.....

We won't say where Caterpillar blocks are made or Cummins or DDEC. Lets just say not here............:D

On precision tools, I'm still all LSS, Athol, Mass.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.