RCBS Precision Mic

Kevin, a neck-sized piece and a just fired piece should have the same shoulder measurement as long as they were both fired in the same rifle.

Neck sizing will do nothing for the shoulder or the body of the case. You are only resizing the diameter of the neck..

There used to be some videos on RCBS website about setting up and reading cases with the precision mics. Don't know if they are still up or not, but they were interesting to watch. Just a thought.

Tackdriver,

I'm assuming this post was actually meant for Tom (Statjunk) but yeah, you got it. Tom, as Tackdriver said, your neck sized brass and an unsized case fired inthe same chamber should show the exact same headspace reading on one of these gages; you haven't touched anything there to change anything.

Not familiar with the RCBS videos, but the'd be a great source for the info on their tool. Certainly worth checking out!

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA

Sorry Kevin, I guess I had too much reloading data on my mind. I'm pretty sure those videos were on the RCBS website, but then again they could have been on ShootingUSA tv show site. Either way, I remember a rep from RCBS depmonstrating how to use the mics..

Bart B, Kevin,

Thanks very much your time really appreciate these very detailed posts.

Bart B,

With your description of your home built concentricity gauge you were a bit over my head. I'm not sure I'd try to build one as I'm handy but not that handy. Do you know of a currently available concentricity gauge that possesses all of the same features as your home built one? One that doesn't use the nose of the bullet and all of the other guidlines that you gave?

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.