RCBS Hand Prime Versus the Hornady Hand Prime

Reloader222

I had purchase myself the Universal RCBS Hand Priming Tool some time ago. Works nice, but you would get a few primers out of a batch of 100 that would not align properly with the primer pocket and it would then gives you a click sound. Although it did not happen yet, I belief this could result in the anvil of the primer felling out.

After this episode I though to go to the RCBS Hand Prime which works with the shell holder. Alignment is proper here and no problems as above. However, one problem with this device is that should you turn the units head to the ground the seating stem would fell out. What is designers fault for such a nice tool. Easy to loose parts if you are not causious.

After the problem with the RCBS Hand Prime using the shell holders I bought the Hornady Hand Prime. The unit comes with 2 primer trays, one for Hornady shell holders and the other for RCBS shell holders. Perfect alignment of the primer seating, no seating stem falling out and I must say the unit requires much less sqeeze compared to the RCBS Units.

What is your evaluation on the above units?

I really like the hornady hand primer. That is the one I use if not using the press.

gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.