rcbs electronic powder trickler

Kirk,

I was showing it to my Dad in Graffs catalog last night.

What's the latch looking thing next to the left side of the tube on the unit? Is it to remove the tube to empty the rest out?

They really look nice. Do you have to calibrate it for different powders until you memorize the load, or does it never need to be done?

Wish I could find one around here to read the instructions on and look at.

Brent,

The latch on the left side of the tube is to remove the cover. It has nothing to do with the tube itself as it can be removed seperatly. When you remove this cover, you can get at the powder trickler, in order to clean any powder from it.

It is not nessesary to recalibrate the unit from one powder to another. I do recalibrate it every time I use it, as this is recommended in the instuction manuel. It has always been dead on, when I weigh the loads on my other scales.

Kirk

Kirk,

The calibration I'm refering to is the metering of the powder. The RCBS unit, I believe, anticipates the flow rate of the specific powder calibrated for and stopps ahaead of time based on the anticipated weight at that dispense speed. It works well however it determines when to stop trickling!!
smile.gif

I calibrate my scale every time too, peace of mind... It's alway right on with the beam scale too.

Brent,

The Lyman unit stops the metering approximately .5 grain from your desired wieght. It slows at about 3 grains from desired wieght. As I watch it, it will trickle one to two granules of powder at a time until it has reached the charge.

Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.