RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Review By Jim Brown

Well I am new to this also and had a few problems with mine.The powder hopper wouldnt fit down in like it was suppose to.So instead of sending it back I tapered it with a dremel.I also poured powder in and watched it spill on my bench:) Glad I aint alone on this.I have a lot to learn about this but I got a good teacher.So after waiting 30 yrs to do this I took the plunge.The info I got here I will keep in mind thanx.

I reloaded 3000 plus 50 BMG rounds with my chargemaster 207 grains a round.
no hiccups at all ,I use the straw tick to get the better powder flow.

I've heard of people having problem with these units. But, after 5000+ rounds I haven't had a single issue with mine. If it ever does go bad, I'll have another one before I load another shell. I can't imagine going back to a titter-totter scale.

The Chargemaster 1500 is a great unit. One little trick I learned was go to McDonalds and get one of their straws, cut off about 3/4 inch and add onto the end of the powder tickler and you'll stop the dribble of powder after you reach charge weight. Stops that .10 grain overage with some powders.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.