rcbs charge master lite

MT257

Looking to possibly pick up an RCBS Chargemaster Lite. Hoping to speed up weighing out loads. For those of you that have these what are the pros and cons you have seen with them? Do they work fine with all types of powder? Do you see any interferance with certain lights and phones in the same room? Any issues you've encountered?

What are your goals? If precision is what you want, all retail models are all a disappointment. Save yourself spending a couple hundred on a paperweight and get an Autotrickler or another lab scale.

If you're trying to save money by reloading to shoot a higher volume and are content with factory quality loads, then get the green or the red auto machine, whichever one you like better.

I have red ones. They don't agree with each other. They drift. A mouse farting behind the wall makes them bounce. Even with a piece of granite under them they're inconsistent against each other. I'm getting better than factory SDs in the low teens consistently, but I'm not down under 10 where I want to be. An Autotrickler and annealing are what it's going to take to get lower. It's too much of a pain to fight low quality equipment. I got a group of 10x 6.5 Creed to an SD of 7.4 by reweighing each charge multiple times. It was a huge pain throw, then keep them separate, then compare them again. So I got a scale that gets it right the first time.

Last edited:
Mainly my loads are for hunting. I want them to be as precise as possible. I also hate spending lots of time looking at balance beam and trying to determine if the line is above, below or exactly dead nuts balanced out. Just hoping to speed the reloading process up a bit more when loading 50-100 at a time while still maintaining a high level of precision and load accuracy.

You can use it to speed up the process by dropping bulk charges, but relying solely on the Autocharge will be less precise than what you're doing now. So I'd expect to see your load quality decline unless you continue to check them on the balance scale.

I have a Lite - I am still developing my "trust" for it ... however - when I transfer to my 505, it is always dead on - at least as - if not more than - consistent than I can trickle ...

Wish it was quicker but that's where the $$$ comes in ...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts