RCBS Case Tumbler Issues

Stammster

Anybody else had issues with their RCBS rotary case tumbler (wet)? Mine quit turning the drum, and sounded like gears grinding. When I pulled the bottom off the base, the plastic gear coming off the motor was stripped.

The advertisement for the new ones say it has a lined drum and is belt driven. Mine must be one of the older ones with gears and unlined drum, although it's only a little more than a year old. I don't really want to buy the same one again, and have the same issues - that's why I'm asking.

FYI...I've tried to contact RCBS through their website twice, but haven't gotten a response. Contact via phone just says they aren't taking calls due to COVID.

Last edited:
Perhaps the retailer you purchased from can help. You could continue contacting RCBS as well. I've had great customer service from them. Good luck

Yep. But my 1 year old $200 tumbler no longer costs me $200. It's now a $236 product that may become a $272 if history repeats itself in one year.

Call me old fashion, if a product with a warranty fails in less than 1 year of normal use, then the consumer shouldn't have to pay a dime to get it fixed or replaced. I'd also like to know why RCBS changed the design now to a belt drive. My guess is the drum design with integral handle creates an eccentric load on the gears during every revolution.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.