Rbros .300 Win Mag LWLR Hunter

6point5x284

Some specs on my Rbros .300 Win Mag. Some great looking rifles on here!

Rifle:
Rbros Rogue Action (Defiance)
Manners EH-1 Stock Pillar Bedded
Broughton 28" Barrel LWLR Contour
Turned Down 3 Port Brake
Jewell Trigger
Nightforce 20 MOA Rail
Nightforce Ultralight Rings
Premier Light Tactical 3-15x50 FFP Scope
Javelin Ultralight Carbon Fiber Bipod
Black Cerekote

Load:
Norma Brass
Federal 215M Primers
77 grains H-1000
Berger 215 Hybrid
ES 8fps

Attachments

• IMG_4187.jpg
    IMG_4187.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_4188.jpg
    IMG_4188.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_4190.jpg
    IMG_4190.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_4191.jpg
    IMG_4191.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_4192.jpg
    IMG_4192.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 438
  • Hero.jpg
    Hero.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 444
Thanks guys.

Right now I'm only running them at 2850 fps until I shoot the last of my initial load development up. I'm running 77 grains of H-1000 but in Norma brass, and I've found it takes a grain more than Win brass to get the same velocity as with Win brass. Must be a little more volume in Norma. I have absolutely zero pressure signs at 77 grains, so I'll work her up a bit more in the next few months. I dont see any issues in getting 2950 once I settle her in. Maybe I'll win the lottery like BROZ and get her over 3,000. I have been told by several including my smith that my barrel will have a sudden speed boost in fps between 100-150 rounds fired, and then remain constant until the barrel wears out, so I have been shooting these until that happens, and then will work to bump up my load. I didn't want to tinker with a load until I had velocities remaining consistant. The good news is my Magneto Speed V3 was dead on with velocities. My drops were confirmed past 900 with zero changes to my velocity based off my chrono numbers.

mulerider,

It's Rbros "standard" camo option which I happen to like, but I believe it is a different color combo technically or else they would have to call it GAP. To be honest I just saw this pattern on his website and said that's the camo I want. Sorry I'm not more help on the matter!

The furthest I've shot so far is only 922, but she did great. This summer I'll place some targets up in the hills. I have found several areas where I can shoot past 1400 yards...just hiking targets in is the pain! I refuse to pay to shoot at a range...it makes me cringe.

I was impressed with the cartridge holder on the side of the stock. Is that something you bought or something you engineered? It's just what I need for my AX.

Jim

MT4XFore,

I wish I thought of it! It's a Short Action Precision (SAP) piece. If you google "SAP 2 round holder" the first link should be tactical works, and they actually sell them. I think like 10 or 12 bucks depending on color. It sticks on with velcro with sticky tape behind it, and stays real well. I hunted very hard for 2 seasons without it coming off, and some in very cold, snowy, and rainy conditions. If you are doing a hung or dont want it on, you can take off the shell holder (velcro stays on the rifle), and it comes with a piece of flat fabric to cover the velcro so you dont get debris in the velcro. Personally, I love it and now use them on all my long range or coyote bolt guns, mainly because I don't like to keep real long COAL bullets in my magazine. I just take the bullets out after each day and clean them off. Every couple hunts or so, I'll swap em out and shoot em up so I always have fresh ones in there, but dont know if thats necessary. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.