Ravin 500 fps $$$$$ 😱 $3500!!

I,m looking and thinking........ it would expand my range 2x..... Ten Point has one they advertise a 505 ft/sec. same price area....

Even at 500 fps, a deer can dodge the arrow if alert past 30-35 yards. Faster is great at increasing sales, but I've heard of many poor shots because the deer reacted at 40-60+ yards.
Speed of sound is over 1000 fps. They can react to the sound of the bow shot much closer than that. I'm really shocked at how many people think a 500 fps arrow can outrun a deers reaction to the sound of the shot. I've watched deer react at 20 yards from it and drop far enough to get wounded. Obviously that deer was not relaxed and many people still shoot unrelaxed deer thinking the crossbows are a rifle.

It's hard to draw back a bow when your cold as fk. Advantage XBow.
That's my point, the clothes I had on were not that bulky and I stayed warm the entire time I was out hunting. I don't work for them or have any investment with them but those Cabela's thermal underwear was the best thing I have ever bought to stay warm in. It's a shame that when Bass Pro bought Cabela's they stopped selling them.

I have a Stryker 380 that I ended switching stock arrows that came with it to FMJ's. They are bit heavier, stiffer spine and fly incredibly well. I only lost 30fps which was made up in the down range inertia of heavier arrow. Noise dropped a little from heavier arrow which is no different that compound. Xbows are sold based on speed. I wished they gave noise dBA rating. And NO! There is not a xbow fast enough to over take an alert deer. My Stryker is heavy, big and doesn't carry all that great. I can still shoot my Hoyt so until shoulder says ni, xbow stays in case.

No freaking way at 500 at 30-35. I'm not sure they can at 60.
Let's break it down.

At 33 yards:
It takes the arrow .2 seconds to cover 100 ft at 500 fps. The first sound the deer hears is the string gate slamming down under ~200 lbs of force. That's the loudest thing on the bow, and it happens before the arrow even moves. The deer hears that sound at about the same time the arrow leaves the bow, because it takes some time for the arrow to get moving. Let's assume it's purely deer vs arrow, with the deer reacting as soon as the arrow leaves the bow. That gives the deer almost a quarter second to drop, and they can drop faster than "gravity" because they pull their legs and head up which pulls the body down. In that .2 seconds, gravity alove will have moved the deer down almost a foot, and the deer could easily double that by lifting it's head.

Here is a clip from the slow-mo guys. Take a look at the 40 second mark. The loudest sound BY FAR is the string catch slamming down. Getting the arrow moving takes a LOT longer than you think. The deer knows what's up before you even know the bow has gone off.